X

How do you travel with saddle bags?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you travel with saddle bags?

Just wondering how you place your saddle bags on your bike. I manage to put the straps under the seat and lock them down but I have noticed pics of others with the straps over there seat. Is one way better than the other or is it convience?

Over seat with the Nelson Riggs I have... Keeps them further away from the exhaust and leaves room for a rider to use the footpegs without having to search for them. Plus, it makes it easier to pull them off the kat once I get where I'm going.

I've got a pre-600 (2-piece seat) and it's just a PITA to pull apart when I want to remove the bags.
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I have Nelson riggs also. I have the saddle bags and the tailbag which all clip into eachother. I put the straps over the seat and tie off the saddle bags to the metal bars which are below the side covers.
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

That makes three of us with Nelson Rigg bags. Tho depending on what I am doing dictates how I have my bags set up, Sometimes the straps are over, other times they are underI have a 750 so its a one peice seat. Under if I am going to be carrying a lot of weight.. say a bag of mortar or a 30 pack of beer because you can let it down enough for the bag to rest on the passenger footpeg for extra support. Over the seat if I am highway riding and want to put my feet over the rear pegs.
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I have the Nelson Rigg also...I usually put the front over the seat and the rear under. It seems to keep them more secure while riding and I don't have to take them off for a quick run into a store or bathroom. I guess it's all personal preference.
          '98 Katana 600
          '08 Boulevard C50T

sigpic

Comment

I too have the Nelson-Rigg setup with saddlebags and tail bag. I attach them just like katman05

Comment

Working...
            X