No announcement yet.
X

Pulled the Trigger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the can. That's about a $500 can isn't it?

I think flush mounted turn signal (front and rear) are on my next hit.

Question: What, specifically, do you use the rear handle extensions for? There are those two (one on each side) projections that look like tie downs, but not sure how to use them. My old Kat, they had tie downs underneath the seat.
    Last edited by FloridaKat; 04-15-2009, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaKat View Post
      I like the can. That's about a $500 can isn't it?

I think flush mounted turn signal (front and rear) are on my next hit.

Question: What, specifically, do you use the rear handle extensions for? There are those two (one on each side) projections that look like tie downs, but not sure how to use them. My old Kat, they had tie downs underneath the seat.
      I was told by the dealer stock exhaust cost $900 I can buy two nice aftermarket cans with that $$$$

those two little nibs are for you to hook the bungee cords from there to the other side's passenger foot peg
      sigpic
      2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

The pins are traditionally a hard-mount point for either hard luggage or top-boxes. I'm not sure why they include them on the US models, as they don't offer Suzuki-made hard luggage for it (and when they do offer hard luggage, it's typically 3rd-party luggage like Givi's rebadged under their name). They can be used for bungee cords or netting as well...

Try this:

and punch in GSXF650 in the box marked "Modelle", then hit enter...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Last edited by The CyberPoet; 04-15-2009, 05:39 PM. Reason: typo
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

soooo...how about that full review?

Comment

Originally posted by JasonChen View Post
            I was told by the dealer stock exhaust cost $900 I can buy two nice aftermarket cans with that $$$$

those two little nibs are for you to hook the bungee cords from there to the other side's passenger foot peg
            Thanks Jason - I tried it out and it appears that it should work.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks Jason - I tried it out and it appears that it should work.
                just make sure the hooks are made of plastic... I scratched up my rear grab bar a little with those metal hooks
                sigpic
                2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

congrats on the new ride bro...

i just dont like them new sixfiddys personally....But i like HD so my word cant be trusted at least around here...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                    The pins are traditionally a hard-mount point for either hard luggage or top-boxes. I'm not sure why they include them on the US models, as they don't offer Suzuki-made hard luggage for it (and when they do offer hard luggage, it's typically 3rd-party luggage like Givi's rebadged under their name). They can be used for bungee cords or netting as well...
                    I would assume they made the pins as OEM equipment for all bikes to cater to the worldwide market?

Comment

I would assume they made the pins as OEM equipment for all bikes to cater to the worldwide market?
                      I would guess so, but I have not been able to find a market that offers them

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

looks good
                        [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonChen View Post
                          I was told by the dealer stock exhaust cost $900
                          RonAyers has it for $584.23. Sounds like the stealerships are in full force.

Comment

Working...
                          X