Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

Removing fairings and cowl (picture intensive)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crap, I just finished doing my brake fluids and didn't think of taking the mirrors off, cuz service manual didn't say so. had to prop the fairing away from the frame with a stick. and now here it is... wish it was in mech101 or newbie FAQ

Comment

I had the Damnedest time with the push pin thingies ... They were so stuborn I about put a dang hole through my fingers ... and caught them in the pinch point too . Then I used a flat head screw driver to fit in the faring, to push on the top of the pin out and it worked great. They fell right out :P ... Not as easy as your way though ...
      Great write up Sas .
      2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
      Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
      "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
      Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
      Veteran of the United States Air Force.
      "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

There were many a time on my Pre 98 when she was running like crap, that after working on it, taking it out and finding it still running equally as bad, that I wished I knew where to get explosive bolts so I could ride down the street pissed off and press a button and the kat would shed its skins before I stopped at the garage door.

Wishful thinking!! and a motor rebuild later and now she can keep her allens... for now Muhahaha!! Wish there was a fumoto valve type of release for fairings. Not to mention them silly little spacers I keep kicking around the garage now and then. <g>
        I've given up on trying to keep them on the fairings or the screws
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
        X