X

drag pipe exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drag pipe exhaust

I've been looking into runnin a drag pipe instead of a full slip on system on my 05 600 since its cheaper would I hafta make any mods to the motor for it to continue to run proper. I've ran it just straight headers and it seems to run just fine just don't wanna mess something up in the long run by going the cheap route

A drag pipe IS the cheap way out. Are you drag racing?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Not really .... I've got the money for a slip on just kinda like the sound of straight headers since anyone around my area who has a sportbike runs a slip on and I just gotta be different just don't wanna hurt my bike in the process

Comment

a drag pipe has less back pressure for sure.. our inline 4's rely on that back pressure to make hp down low... so your going to sacrifice your out of the hole performance unless you do other work to compensate i.e. carb tuning or cams....
        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Bought this for my 06 and i love the sound of it. i also got the stage one jet kit and had my neighbor which owns his own bike shop to do all the work since i dont know much about it and he said it would do fine but i dont rely on torque or top end i just ride for the enjoyment but i do love the loud sound im like you i want to be different.

Comment

****s WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to loud.....go with a slip on...D&D at the min....
            03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
            04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
            08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
            10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
            05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Originally posted by phil823 View Post
              ****s WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to loud.....go with a slip on...D&D at the min....
              Yup. Not to mention sounds like a diesel VW bug.

God I hate those stupid pipes...cheap asses.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I think I'm gonna go with a d&d slip on they sound pretty good and seem to be on the cheap end of slip ons

Comment

I love my Yoshi slip on

Comment

I like the drag pipe sound. I put a 45 degree turn down on mine just for the sake of making sure people hear me when I am riding. I am so tired of people almost hitting me everyday driving to work when i had my stock pipes on. This pipe made a dramatic difference in people knowing your there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kYnDBpUZNI"]YouTube - 2004 Suzuki Katana 600 (GSX600F) custom turn down pipe[/ame]

Comment

you should go with yoshimura slip on
                      LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

Really not a big fan of the sound of a yosh nor the price tag associated with it I'll probably just go with the d&d and maybe get a custom ground pounder made for those days when I just wanna be stupid loud

Thanks for the input everyone

Comment

Originally posted by crash04 View Post
                          Really not a big fan of the sound of a yosh nor the price tag associated with it I'll probably just go with the d&d and maybe get a custom ground pounder made for those days when I just wanna be stupid loud

Thanks for the input everyone
                          If you just want stupid loud look at that vid i posted. 45 degree bend turn down shorty pipe. You hit 6-7k and its going to hurt ears which is about 125dB. Idle your looking around 100dB or more.

Comment

Maybe you can put a removable baffle in the end of your pipe. That will tame the sound a little bit when you don't want your ears hurting.

Comment

Nemesis wat size exhaust pipe did u use on that ? I'm gonna work on fabin one up this weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X