• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before and afters?

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
      before and afters?
      Sorry, I'm real happy with it now and I dont want to mess with it any more.
      Last edited by GSXfs600; 01-19-2009, 01:25 AM.

Comment

er..I mean afters of the spraypainted (low glare) housing at work!

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
          er..I mean afters of the spraypainted (low glare) housing at work!

The paint is on the bulb shield. As for pics, it not doable with my camera, as even the Moon has glare.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXfs600 View Post
            The paint is on the bulb shield. As for pics, it not doable with my camera, as even the Moon has glare.
            So turn the flash off and find good lighting?
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The High beam works great! and only takes a ms to switch.
              So, do you think it's necessary to have the high beam option? Or just get the single, non-moving, bulb?

I've read on other web boards that a HID low beam is all that is needed.
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                So, do you think it's necessary to have the high beam option? Or just get the single, non-moving, bulb?

I've read on other web boards that a HID low beam is all that is needed.
                Well here's the issue! The HID is plenty of light on low beam alone, but because it's so bright, you'll need to aim it low enough to not blind oncoming traffic. Because of this, when your out of the city and need to see far down the road, a low beam only will not work for you.

Last night I drove about 90 miles out (to Gilroy) to an area of open fields and farm land. In this area my High beam were 100% needed and worked so very well!

Comment

I'm ordering my set this Friday! Now all I need is to get my bike back from being painted! Well.... that and a little warmer weather!
                  Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

Well here's the issue! The HID is plenty of light on low beam alone, but because it's so bright, you'll need to aim it low enough to not blind oncoming traffic. Because of this, when your out of the city and need to see far down the road, a low beam only will not work for you.

Last night I drove about 90 miles out (to Gilroy) to an area of open fields and farm land. In this area my High beam were 100% needed and worked so very well!

thanks.

How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by ctrailfreak View Post
                      I'm ordering my set this Friday! Now all I need is to get my bike back from being painted! Well.... that and a little warmer weather!
                      You may want to email todd about swapping in a slim ballast on his motorcycle kit.

I got mine in, as you can see, but a slim one would have been more pain free.

Dont forget to use star washers on the pos & neg contacts.

Comment

You may want to email todd about swapping in a slim ballast on his motorcycle kit.

I got mine in, as you can see, but a slim one would have been more pain free.

Don't forget to use star washers on the pos & neg contacts.
                        I have a bag of star washers! I wonder if I should go with the 35 watt dual beam kit then, to keep from aiming down the light so much on low beam. How far in front will the beam shoot on low beam, with the headlight tilted down? And is it too bright to run it on high with traffic oncoming?

I'll check with him on the slim ballast also. Thanks for all the extra input!

Also it takes the H4 KIT, CORRECT?

Comment

Well I think the 35 watt system is said to be 3x brighter than a halogen. and it looks as if the 55 watt system is 4x brighter than a halogen. I think it's more about the color than the intensity. 35 would be fine(plenty of light), I went with 55 because the price was only a bit more. The pre 98 is a single H4 type.

Comment

I just got the same kit as you 55W H4bulb type but 5000k. I just found out that you can use code ClubRSX and get the kit for $124.00 shipped, so I used it and it worked! 10% Off works for me! Can't wait to get the kit in and check it out! Once I get my bike back, I'll be sure and post picks of all the upgrades!

Comment

Originally posted by ctrailfreak View Post
                              I just got the same kit as you 55W H4bulb type but 5000k. I just found out that you can use code ClubRSX and get the kit for $124.00 shipped, so I used it and it worked! 10% Off works for me! Can't wait to get the kit in and check it out! Once I get my bike back, I'll be sure and post picks of all the upgrades!
                              DAM! I should have done more searching!!!!

Comment

I did some reading and he said that the thin ballast is kind of a downgrade, but a small one. It might fit better, but the larger ballast is the better one.Besides that, it cost's more to add that one to the kit. I'll just have to find a way to cram it in, once I get it.

I just did a search with his company name and started reading on a forum he uses and he gave them a club discount. I became a forum member so I didn't mooch the code!

Comment

Working...
                                X