Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Swapping a 93 600f carb with a 98+ carb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping a 93 600f carb with a 98+ carb?

Hi guys! Im currently making a major overhaul to my 600f kat 1993, incluiding a paint job, I removed the carbs and I was planning on to clean them up and sync job, as I have done before, but I would really like is to swap my old carbs with newer, 98+ carbs that I see in ebay all the time, it is possible? Its a straight swap or is there some modifications needed to have it work? Has anyone done this? Thanks for your help!

dude, seriously?
    A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
    mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Comment

Cool! So it is possible! I can use any carbs that are 98+ to 2007 or to a earlier year?

By the way if it is possible why not too many people have done it? It makes pefect sense to have your carbs upgraded to newer ones!
      Last edited by VORTEX1212; 02-09-2008, 07:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

because 98+ carbs on a 600 are 32mm carbs and pre 600 are 33mm. Plus it's a lot of work to do it. Good luck finding 2007 Katana carbs 98-2006. The ONLY reason I went with 98+ carbs is to get an Ivan's jet kit. Thats the only reason. If I knew back then what I know now, I would have kept the pre 98 carbs and used a Factory Pro jet kit. I'm telling you dude, it's not something you do in a weekend, it takes a little work. Your 93 is 33mm anyway.
        Last edited by arsenic; 02-09-2008, 01:13 PM.

Comment

hey there!!!!

Originally posted by VORTEX1212 View Post
          Hi guys! Im currently making a major overhaul to my 600f kat 1993, incluiding a paint job, I removed the carbs and I was planning on to clean them up and sync job, as I have done before, but I would really like is to swap my old carbs with newer, 98+ carbs that I see in ebay all the time, it is possible? Its a straight swap or is there some modifications needed to have it work? Has anyone done this? Thanks for your help!
          OKkkkkkk.... I need your assistance....You have a93 katana?
          I have one to... I need some assistance with mine. with the vacuum system Im a little confused on were the vacuum lines go..cam ya help
          please....if so e-mail me at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X