HID lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddyman184 View Post
    spam?
    Pointed that out earlier and apparently the mods deleted my post. I'm thinking stuff like this would justify blacklisting that seller no matter what their prices look like. I hate when someone tries to use a discussion forum as an advertisement venue.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I also pointed it out and its now gone. Advertising on a forum is not only a nuisance, but it takes away from the legitimate forum sponsors.
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
        Pointed that out earlier and apparently the mods deleted my post. I'm thinking stuff like this would justify blacklisting that seller no matter what their prices look like. I hate when someone tries to use a discussion forum as an advertisement venue.
        sorry bill i did not see your post but yea i can't stand when they try and be sneaky like that

Comment

Sorry guys, no need to ruin the discussion with comments on a spammer... just go ahead and hit the report post button.

the system will hide the button if it's already reported, and we'll get to it as fast as we can.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Question on HID lights.. I have a 2000 kat and wanted to upgrade the headlights.. Is this what I need? http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...rcycle-HID-Kit

H4 Bulbs... And would 8000k be good?? (white with a little blue is what i'm looking for not sure if 8000 is right) Also is this all i need to put these on? Do I need to upgrade the wiring harness? Do you just wire this kit up and its good to go or do I need ANY thing else?
            Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

You need projectors.

And 8k is VERY blue. You want something around 7k.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The highest output of light that has a blue tint is 6000k. Highest light output is around 4300k. Almost every 6000k bulb is really 5600/5700k... This is the point at which they must introduce other gases to create the increased blue color - thus why light output starts going down.
                -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  You need projectors.

And 8k is VERY blue. You want something around 7k.

Well there goes that idea.. Thought it was plug and go.. I'll just get some silverstar's or something

Comment

Well.... Do you "need" projectors? No you do not absolutely "need" them. Your head light power will still increase, but it will be scattered all over the place and often blind incoming traffic.... And potentially add unwanted popo attention. More of a "really really should have them"...
                    -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                      Well.... Do you "need" projectors? No you do not absolutely "need" them. Your head light power will still increase, but it will be scattered all over the place and often blind incoming traffic.... And potentially add unwanted popo attention. More of a "really really should have them"...

Not really in the mood to blind anyone... But if I do get them.. these will go right in the headlight housing with no mods to it? And Get a lower # for whiter bulb? 2000k whiter thank 8000k??

Comment

4300k is yellowish
                        6000k is mostly white with a hint of blue

There is probably a 5000 something in between... But manufacturers will vary some, so one company's 5300k may be like 4800k somewhere else.. So bit of a crap shoot at first... They should go in without problems. When you specify the bulb style, it tells them what adapter style it should ship with.
                        -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                          4300k is yellowish
                          6000k is mostly white with a hint of blue

There is probably a 5000 something in between... But manufacturers will vary some, so one company's 5300k may be like 4800k somewhere else.. So bit of a crap shoot at first... They should go in without problems. When you specify the bulb style, it tells them what adapter style it should ship with.
                          Thanks Cheriff.. I might try them and if they are really bad at blinding people then I'll do the mod or put back to stock.

Comment

I haven't made it on the road yet with mine, but I picked up a pair of the morimoto projectors (from ebay) for about $100 and they seem pretty nice so far... If you get the H4 kit first, then get projectors, keep in mind you MAY have to get different bulbs or another harness. For example I don't think H4 bulbs will work in the morimoto mini projectors...
                            -2000 "750"

Comment

Gotcha.... Should I get the dual set or two single Low/Hi ones... Looks like that dual set I put the link to won't have High beams...... Will I still need High beams?

Comment

Cant answer that one.. I hear that people have said the light was enough they didn't need hi beams (further evidence of blinding people). I like the idea of both on for hi, both on for lo. Got two, why not double the light output... I remember they do have hi/lo kits that are little more expensive, but I dont know what they include that sets them apart.

Also, it took me about two weeks to finally get my ddm kit in the mail... Came directly from China and needed a signature to be dropped off... Just FYI
                                -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
                                X