Hey y'all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey y'all

Hey everyone.

Just joined in hopes of learning everything I can about these bikes. I picked up a 1992 750, that is in need of some re-assembly. Hopefully I won't have to replace many parts, but I'm sure there's some things that I'll need.

I really miss riding since I sold my Honda a few years back. This is the first sport bike I've owned, but I don't forsee any issues there.

I did manage to find a link to download the Haynes service manual, but I know I'll need a few electrical items as well as fairings. Any idea on best place to look for those? Specifically the ignition switch and locking gas cap will need replaced.

Thanks again, and looking forward to being a part of these forums.

Kyle
    Lizard

Welcome....EBay is your best bet.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome. eBay will work for both of what you need. I believe any 4 bolt gas cap will work. But I'd recommend trying to source a used lick set so everything is still on the same key, so again eBay. New would likely be very expensive.

Just in case you were unaware, kats are classified as sport touring as opposed to a sport bike. Has the looks of a sport bike, but more comfy ergonomics, and less powerful engine (and weaker suspension)
      So you can ride all day, but you won't keep up with a remotely half decent sport bike in twisties. (Unless you do a few mods to improve the suspension, and you yourself are a good rider.)
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I kinda figured eBay would be on my shopping list. One key to fit all would be great, will be looking for that for sure.

Glad to hear the comfort is there. I plan on riding to work daily (25 miles each way), plus longer trips just for the hell of it. I'm hoping it rides as good as I think it will.

Hoping it won't take too long to get to running state. Kinda anxious to get on it.

Kyle

Comment

I spent 3 years commuting 50 miles 1 way on my 600 - 0 issues. Makes a great commuting bike. Reliable, cheap to operate, easy to work on. And still fun when it's the weekend.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
          X