X

Katana questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana questions

Just found this website. What ever happened to www.katanaplanet.com? I don't own a Kat, but will be buying another street bike maybe in December, and will be considering a Kat. I have test ridden a couple of 600 Kats and liked them.I want a bike I could take off on with my wife and take some trips, so the 750 would probably be better.Anyone do any touring two up on theirs?
    Jon
    Puyallup, Wa. USA

Basically in a nutshell the Owner of Katanaplanet let it die and Katriders was born and stepped in and took it's place.

I'd say a great many of us here on KR met on KP and migrated over.
    Kyle

Comment

Welcome to the forum birdmove!
      Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Just got back from a 200+ mile ride with the Mrs, no complaints from her. She loves the bike on long rides, made about 3 stops on the ride.

Keep it simple.....1+1=2

Comment

It's a great long distance tourer. Lack of water cooling means a bunch of potential failure points have been removed. I have mine set up for that particular task, although I also use it for everything else as well

Suggested mods for long distance touring:
          Givi hardsided luggage. You get lots of waterproof secure storage space without displacing the passenger at all. A bit pricey (figure $800 new for the whole set-up, $400 used), but worth it if you have use for it.
          Corbin saddle. Replaces the stock seat with a broader one with better rear passenger accomodations as well. Optional seat back for the rear passenger. About $220 new for the basic saddle. I have an extra seatback that I'm willing to sell (gf got her own bike instead).
          Oil temp and voltage gauges. These install in the instrument surround and give you early warning of issues that may otherwise complicate your travels. Contact me, I sell them.
          Metzeler Z6 radials in the stock sizes. These tires eat miles better, handle better than the OEM tires. Run the tires a bit high on pressure if you're going two-up and/or long-distances that day.
          Fumoto Drain valve. This $25 valve replaces the stock oil drain bolt to permit you to do oil changes anywhere simply by opening the valve, closing the valve and refilling the oil taken out. Even removes the need to remove the belly pan to accomplish an oil change on the road.
          Add ons to the toolkit. Obviously, if you're going long distances, you'll find yourself away from civilization at times. A few extra tools for your kit will go a long way towards ensuring that you'll never get stuck there.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X