X

1988 Kat whats it worth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Kat whats it worth

I am looking at a 1988 Kat that has not be run for 4 yrs I want to use it as a project bike, what do tyou all think its worth? needs some cosmetics and clutch plates. not sure of the milage

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

I just bought an 88 kat 600 with 11,000 miles on it for $2,500. its been garaged all its life and has had regular maintance done to it. i feel that was a good price for the shape its in. you just have to look at what it needs and what it will cost you and compare it to the price of the bike. an 88 will run just as good as a new one if properly cared for. the only problem i have with mine is every once in a blue moon when i am sitting still with the bike in neutral i have to move the bike to get it into first gear. this can be totally avoided if i shift into first while the bike is still moving though.

Comment

IMO? If it doesn't run and you know it needs XX and XX then way under 1,000.. I'd offer $350.
      Could be a jewel, could be a can 'o worms..
      750 or 600? either way same answer

Comment

+1 something that isn't running is only worth what you want to pay, which in this case should be very little.

I replaced an engine (final total cost $800) and need to paint the bike (probably another $700), but I didn't pay anything for the bike.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks guys I will have the mileage and some pics hopefully by tomorrow evening. I agree wish the guy would just give it to me,but I also understand he wants some cash for it. I would give him some cash for it, but not the 1500 he would like.

Well we will have to see, I want a bike I can do some tinkering with. I seem a little intimidated to tinker by the 2006 Kat in the garage

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Working...
          X