Need Help, Fell Over, Leaking Oil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Looks like the regular JB Weld is in my near future, but I'm going to go with the NRC Cover for a permanent fix.. Now if I can find a local dealer that I can pick up a clutch lever from, maybe I can be on the road tomorrow.. Just in time for 70 degrees..

You guys are amazing.. This was the first time something's happened to the bike since I got it(not that long ago unfortunately), and I was sick about it last night.. You've made me feel 10x better.. not 100x cuz I still gotta fix something that shouldn't have happened , but 10x better at least..

Comment

The lever should be cheap. Like around $10 or so I think.

I dropped the bandit in the parking lot at work last summer, and broke the break lever and I think that was like $12, but they had ordered me a clutch lever that turned out to be cheaper than the break lever.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I ordered the same cover for $125.00cdn but after hearing about this self weld shuff, I might try it first. Just wondering are there any moving parts behind the Started Gear Cover and how thick of a layer can you spread?

Comment

Originally posted by andrehendricken
            I ordered the same cover for $125.00cdn but after hearing about this self weld shuff, I might try it first. Just wondering are there any moving parts behind the Started Gear Cover and how thick of a layer can you spread?
            There are a coupla gears in there, and a small metal rod if I do remember right. If the hole is at the bottom, you should be fine with filling the crack, and then extending the JB out alittle from the crack. Make sure you let it sit OFF THE BIKE over night so it has time to properly set!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

jb weld is my best buddy 50% of my left crank case going over my stator is jb weld on my YZF 600r each time the bike falls over it gets more jb weld its always in my trunk... i mean seat compartment...

i should probally invest into jb weld LOL
              Woody
              http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
              http://www.ncsupply.com

Comment

Originally posted by woody
                i should probally invest into jb weld LOL
                Or perhaps more rider training so you quit mashing the bike?

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

(Prepare for childish comments)
                  Are you filling the crack on the inside or outside .. JB near all those gears doesn't seem too healthy.

Comment

Were you on the center stand when she fell over?

Comment

No, I was on the kick stand when she tipped... I haven't mastered the art of the center stand yet..

Comment

Originally posted by h382
                        No, I was on the kick stand when she tipped... I haven't mastered the art of the center stand yet..
                        Hope this helps.

I rarely use the sidestand anymore since I learned the" left leg push the stand down into the ground" technique.

Comment

Seems like everyone has had success with that method, I'll try it when I get home! Nice!

Comment

So, the JB goes on the inside of the cover, or on the outside..

Comment

Originally posted by h382
                              So, the JB goes on the inside of the cover, or on the outside..
                              Both... you want it to go into the crack & all the way through, with a little bit more on the inside and then spread the stuff on the outside over a larger area to help the grip and cover up the scratches. Imagine it looking like an I-beam with the crack being the center of the I.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                                Originally posted by md86
                                Pull it off ,clean it with brake cleaner , mend it with JB Weld. Done it many times. You'll be fine .
                                You know, I keep meaning to ask this, but always manage not to up til now -- how is it that you drop your bike so often that you've done it "many times"?

Cheers,
                                =-= The CyberPoet
                                Dropped my bike a few times and cracked a cover , fixed Taz's bike with this method , had to repair my oil pan a couple times like this .... Yeah , I know how JB Weld works . And I've ALWAYS used the Kwik stuff and never had a problem with it .
                                Yeah , fill both sides . Make sure it's CLEAN first . Smear it in there good and around the outside of the crack and it'll last as long as the bike will .
                                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                                X