No announcement yet.
X

steering dampner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well first sorry bout the miss spelling.. 2nd its the wifes bonk n i dont foresee many wheelies.. though it would be sweet.. we are into track time, and when you are at max lean angle you want too keep ur steering percise or a low side at best , high side is even probable..the bike doesnt have any wobble..and since we put the pilot races on her bike she has been leaning alot more.. its sweet seeing her throw that kat around

Comment

oh and sweetlou, that is a hott azz color on your bonk.. im painting my gixxer HOK pearl tangilo

Comment

Originally posted by dragracn
        oh and sweetlou, that is a hott azz color on your bonk.. im painting my gixxer HOK pearl tangilo
        Thank you, I love me them HOK ORange Colors!!!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by dragracn
          well first sorry bout the miss spelling.. 2nd its the wifes bonk n i dont foresee many wheelies.. though it would be sweet.. we are into track time, and when you are at max lean angle you want too keep ur steering percise or a low side at best , high side is even probable..the bike doesnt have any wobble..and since we put the pilot races on her bike she has been leaning alot more.. its sweet seeing her throw that kat around
          i think you need to read up on dampers - or better yet about proper suspension setup.

tim

Comment

You don't need it .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Kneedraggers has a damper listed for the Kats, though I don't know anything about it....seems kinda weird that the fitment is listed as 1988 to 2000.....

Clicky!
              FrankenKat 1216
              GS Fiter 816
              GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Originally posted by DooD
                Kneedraggers has a damper listed for the Kats, though I don't know anything about it....seems kinda weird that the fitment is listed as 1988 to 2000.....

Clicky!
                Just to let you guys know. The mentioned Toby damper has been discontinued. I guess it went right out the window with the passenger seat cowling.

Comment

Originally posted by freight dog
                  Twelve years of nuns beating my knuckles for bad grammar.
                  why do I get the feeling you are twisting this sentence around from what really went on? I just get the impression that if you were surrounded by nuns for 12 years, that there was plenting of beating going on....but not the knuckles. Does "beating your meat" ring any bells??
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

you dont need one till you really need it

the only time i needed one was 2 months ago.almost ran over by a corvette.i missed it by mere inches. went into a stoppie on a buell firebolt. dont know if it would have helped me keep from my crash,but would have liked to have one. found the toby still instock at a web retailer wonder if it will work on a post 98 kat?

Comment

Re: you dont need one till you really need it

Originally posted by phycocircus
                      the only time i needed one was 2 months ago.almost ran over by a corvette.i missed it by mere inches. went into a stoppie on a buell firebolt. dont know if it would have helped me keep from my crash,but would have liked to have one. found the toby still instock at a web retailer wonder if it will work on a post 98 kat?
                      The Kat is a much more stable platform than the FireBolt, and shouldn't need a steering damper (unlike the FireBolt, which IMHO desperately needs one!).

To put that into perspective:
                      The geometry of the Kat includes a lazy fork/headstock angle, a very long wheelbase and a long swingarm. All of these things make for less maneuverability/flickability, but also make for a design that inherently clamps down on oscillations induced at the front wheel.
                      The geometry of the FireBolt includes an aggressive fork/headstock angle, a very (VERY) short wheelbase and a short wheelbase. These combine to make a much more nimble handling platform, but at the same time induce added instability at the front wheel.

Or to put it another way: if you get headshake on your Kat, there is something wrong that should be fixed, such as a warped front wheel, an unbalanced front tire, or a bent axle/bad wheel bearings.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                        Originally posted by freight dog
                        Twelve years of nuns beating my knuckles for bad grammar.
                        why do I get the feeling you are twisting this sentence around from what really went on? I just get the impression that if you were surrounded by nuns for 12 years, that there was plenting of beating going on....but not the knuckles. Does "beating your meat" ring any bells??
                        Nice...

ya know, I was an altar boy for 5 years and I never once had a priest try to molest me either! What's up with that!?!?

Comment

Working...
                        X