X

Took the Kat to the strip

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the Kat to the strip

I just got back from taking the Kat out to the drag strip for the first time. I headed up to Los Angeles County Raceway in Palmdale. The elevation is 2710' there, so I wasn't expecting the greatest times, especially since I've been riding for 3 months, and I had never drag raced a bike before. Anyway, I made 9 passes. I'll attach the slip for my best pass. I need more work on the launch.
    Attached Files
    '02 Katana 600 - Half yellow, half stickers, ALL sexy!

your reaction time killed you. but again you said you never done it before. not to bad

Comment

Not bad at all!

Comment

All that counts is that you had fun...
        Which I'm hoping you did!

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That is great for only three months of riding. The strip is the place to play.

Steve

Comment

your reaction time killed you. but again you said you never done it before. not to bad
            His r/t was .4xx That's a good r/t. Tulsa International Raceway Park (our local track) will red light you if you get below .5

In my opinion if that first mark at 2.2 is your 60' which it prolly is. That's pretty bad I believe...I got 2.2 60's in my 98 civic on juice with shitty tires.

Comment

Originally posted by letsride
              Reaction time doesn't get figured into your et. Keep working on the 60', try more rpm's and experiment. Make sure you run the tank real low before you go, saves a bunch of weight if you didn't do that already. Try running the e.t. class on points day, lotsa fun. You'll have just as much of a chance at winning as everyone else. Nice job!

Comment

Taking your Kat to the strip after only 3 months of riding. Those are pretty respectable results for such a new rider. Cool !

Comment

I've never been to the strip. And I've been riding for about a year. I would be satisfied with those numbers.
                  Popcorn Love

Comment

When I took my Kat to the track...I forgot about the traction compound they lay down at the stage area......so the bike took a big fat wheelie....came down and still managed a decent run down the track.

Just have fun. Who cares if the bike's not the fastest....you can work up to getting it faster , which is much more satisfying than say....a brand new R6 where the kid owning it has to do nothing but yank the throttle......

Just my .02
                    My sig is boring.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments fellas. My reaction time actually was bad. That track has a perfect light of .000. I normally get under .100 when racing my car, but launching the bike is a whole different beast. I've always set my drag cars up with good suspension, and tire. So, all I have to do is raise the revs, and dump. On that pass, I actually wheelied a tiny bit, but just powered through. A 2.2 60' in a car is pretty bad. For this bike with its relatively low HP, and heavy weight (especially with a 6'3" 290lb rider) a 2.2 isn't terrible. I'll shoot for sub 2.0s in the future. I plan on going back within the next couple weeks. I hope to get some sort of improvement. I've been practicing leaving hard at lights on the street. I think I'm learning the clutch/throttle play a little more.
                      '02 Katana 600 - Half yellow, half stickers, ALL sexy!

Comment

Working...
                      X