X

Dropped the Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped the Kat

So i was parking in the lot at school. I pulled in at an angle, put the stand down, and went to dismount. However, as i was getting off, my SHOELACE snagged the kickstand and brought it back up, im not really sure how that happened. THe bike was about 45 degrees to the ground when i realized there was no recovery possible, so i let it down slowly. Luckily there were two big guys getting ready to leave (on brand new SS bikes mind you), and they helped me lift it up. Luckily i have the lower plastics off so i only got a little bit of rash on the lower part of the upper fairing...time to learn how to paint, i smell winter project

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Sorry to hear that man. On the bright side, it wasnt moving with you on it at the time =).

I almost did the same thing. I kicked my stand up without thinking, then went to lean it back on the stand. Luckily my buddy was right beside me and helped at the 45-degree angle. That seems to be the magic no-chance-of-recovery angle..lol.

Anyway, wish you the best in nursing it back to health!

Comment

lucky you didnt crack your crank case like i just did....btw their must be somethin about kats and their kickstands haha. mine dropped twice now the first wasnt to bad some minor rash, but the second time cracked my crank case. i know the first time i accidently had my foot slip on oil or something and it dropped the second time well i just dont know what happened i put it on and walked away (no one was around) and about 10-20 seconds later it dropped
      Yellow is the fastest....

Comment

Tuck your shoe laces in. You learned the hard way, sad to say. I almost had a similar fate, but got my shoestring off in time.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

just be glad your like me and didnt buy that hayabusa, because im pretty sure you like me would probally cry if you dropped that 10k machine. dont get me wrong you have no idea how pissed off and upset i get when something bad happens to my kat.
          Yellow is the fastest....

Comment

I did a similar thing just the other week. I added a space to the fork springs to give it a bit more pre load and this raised the front end a bit. I added pre load to the shock as well causing the whole bike to be about an inch or higher then normal (it was sitting too low before I did the adjustment). Anyway I was on this group ride and rode into this petrol station so some of the guys could fill up. I rode up to where some others were parked and was riding real slow. I turned to the left a little and the big tiped to the right, as it does. I put my foot down to steady myself as I was hardly moving but the ground wasn't there!!aahhh!! The ground was sloping down to the right slightly and that coupled with the bike sitting higher ment the ground was a few inches below where it should have been. This court me off guard and bike kept falling and by the time my foot touched down I couldn't hold the weight and had to lay it on the ground..... in front of about 13 or 14 other bikers
            The upper faring where the bit that divides the two big vent holes is all scratched up (post 98 model) so to is the bar end. I also have a small dent in the tank that seems to have misteriously appeared.
            Fortunately I didn't get too many laughs and there was plenty of guys around to help pick the bike back up again.

Comment

I did a similar thing just the other week. I added a space to the fork springs to give it a bit more pre load and this raised the front end a bit. I added pre load to the shock as well causing the whole bike to be about an inch or higher then normal (it was sitting too low before I did the adjustment). Anyway I was on this group ride and rode into this petrol station so some of the guys could fill up. I rode up to where some others were parked and was riding real slow. I turned to the left a little and the big tiped to the right, as it does. I put my foot down to steady myself as I was hardly moving but the ground wasn't there!!aahhh!! The ground was sloping down to the right slightly and that coupled with the bike sitting higher ment the ground was a few inches below where it should have been. This court me off guard and bike kept falling and by the time my foot touched down I couldn't hold the weight and had to lay it on the ground..... in front of about 13 or 14 other bikers
              The upper faring where the bit that divides the two big vent holes is all scratched up (post 98 model) so to is the bar end. I also have a small dent in the tank that seems to have misteriously appeared.
              Fortunately I didn't get too many laughs and there was plenty of guys around to help pick the bike back up again.

Comment

these kick (side) stands are very sketchy, IMO. sorry about the drop
                1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm... me wear boots, no need for laces... unless she wants to use laces and then we're not talking about the bike anymore and different type of kitty...

Oh man, I'm in a mood today... I better 'git...
                  GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

Yup , you learned the hard way about those laces . I ALMOST did that at a stop sign before I learned to tuck them in . With boots it's not an issue .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

My girlfriend dropped her new ZX6 last night getting her shoelace caught in the gear selector. Went down at a stoplight with about 8 bikes behind her and cars all around..

She caught a lucky break though, she's a girl.. So nobody gave her crap about it... Except for me..
                      The only reason I get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

My kitchen is Burgandy. I don't apologize.

Comment

lots of stories about the kick stand...one thing i always think about is, did any of the kick stand on your bikes just broke...?? as off, snap!! and bike down because of its weight?? everytime i put the kick stand out and start getting off my bike i feel like the kick stand goes out towards the front a bit more...

Comment

Originally posted by katana28
                          lots of stories about the kick stand...one thing i always think about is, did any of the kick stand on your bikes just broke...?? as off, snap!! and bike down because of its weight?? everytime i put the kick stand out and start getting off my bike i feel like the kick stand goes out towards the front a bit more...
                          I get that same feeling......esh
                          Bling....

Comment

Working...
                          X