X

Chain lubrication dispenser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain lubrication dispenser

So I've used the spray wax on my bike but really like using oil. There is a lot of dirt that I have to ride around on-post and don't want to have that crap stuck to my chain. My question, besides an auto-oiler (which I can't afford right now), what do you oil users use to hold the oil. Something that is sealable and would fit under the seat or in a bag would be perfect. Anyone?
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Cheap oiler here.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I use PJ1. The can is small, would fit under seat or in a bag.

link here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...chain-lube.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
        I use PJ1. The can is small, would fit under seat or in a bag.

link here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...chain-lube.htm
        Won't work in this application. I want something that flings off, hence the oil. I don't want dirt to stick on the chain and wear the o-rings.
        -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

I put clean motor oil in a large contact lens solution bottle and keep it in the compartment near the battery for long rides. It must be stored in a ziplock bag and in an upright position to keep from leaking. I usually squeeze some of the extra air out of the bottle as it will heat up as you ride and expand. The bottle I use doesn't have a screw top and just snaps on...so I expect a leak eventually. The bottle has a small nozzle that allows you to oil the chain without getting oil everywhere. I keep an extra in my locker at work also. Hope this helps someone.

Comment

I was using a chocolate dispenser from Wal-mart for a while. However, it had to be upright so wouldn't fit under the seat. How did you get the oil in the solution bottle?
            -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Loobman works ok, but you will need to be creative with mounting or risk staring at it in some ungodly location, and I guaranty it will make a mess of your wheels and swingarm, if you care about that kind of thing.

You might try hitting up your local art supply joint (Michaels) and see what they have. I know I have picked up containers there when I was doing airbrushing that are at least airtight enough to keep paint from drying up, they ought to work for oil. 2 ounces, and a flip top.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Brooder, I use Replenish brand contact solution and the top is pressed on and will pop off with a little pressure with a flat edge wedged between the top and the bottle itself. I think it is a 10 oz bottle - I buy a two pack at Walmart in a green box.

Comment

I used 90wt gear oil for a while . Worked well enough . Not TOO messy , but kept the chain looking semi-clean and non-rusty . Container even has a neat little tip to it PERFECT for hitting the chain . Only problem's the bottle's fairly large .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                  X