X

Cracked Front Fender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked Front Fender

I just need you guys and gals opinion. My bike was parked at my parents house, behind my moms car. My mom had to go to the bank so she backed out and hit my bike. Dragged it about a foot (you can see the line on the pavement) and took out a piece of my fender, just the tip. Everything else is cool still. I love my mom but what the #$#%@. I wish it was a stranger so i wouldn't feel so bad asking for money to fix it.
    I had to hold my anger cause this is my second fender, my ex gf messed up my first one. So i was lucky to find a blue one on e bay, but this time around no such luck.
    Anyways.
    Can the tip of the fender be re-attached??? If so any suggestions
    If not well my bike 2001, 600 is blue and the fender is blue. I saw a fender on e-bay but it is burgundy. Since my bike is a tri-colour it would be a pain in the *** to try to re-paint it the same blue as the rest of my bike.
    So do you think if i painted the front fender black since the bottom half of my bike is black it will still look ok??? If so, can i just get spray paint for the hardware store (regular paint or high gloss paint)
    If not, does anyone know where i can get a new or used blue fender
    Thanks for your help!!!
    Any other suggestions please post those as well!!!

you can plastic weld the piece back on, but you will have to paint it afterwards. but might just be easier to just find one that is in good condition and paint it.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Since a new one via Suzuki runs about $135 - $150 and comes PRE-PAINTED to match, I'd go that route.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Just ruff it up under neath with some course sand paper. Get some J.B. Weld epoxy at the auto parts or wall mart. nix the two tubes together. gob some on some wax paper from the kitchen smooth it out some make sure you piec is in the right spot leave it set 24 hours pull off wax paper. go ride! you mom may hit it again so dont worry ride it its not a show bike!!!

Comment

Buy A new fender and have your mother paid for it its only right
          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Thanks Guys, for your help!!!

Comment

this could be the time to switch to the bandit fender.
              sigpic

Comment

seabass, what do you mean??? A bandit fender will fit the katana???

Hey Cyber poet, where can i get a new fender??? You mentioned new one via Suzuki...Is their a website???
                Last edited by Pop Da Klutch; 06-07-2008, 10:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Pop Da Klutch View Post
                  seabass, what do you mean??? A bandit fender will fit the katana???

Hey Cyber poet, where can i get a new fender??? You mentioned new one via Suzuki...Is their a website???
                  yep local dealer, bikebandit.com ronayers.com to mention a couple. anywhere that sells oem suzuki parts.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
                    yep local dealer, bikebandit.com ronayers.com to mention a couple. anywhere that sells oem suzuki parts.
                    +1 -- BarMatt has answered the question exactly as I would have.
                    Expect it to take a 2-4 weeks to arrive, because they have to order from the warehouse.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

bandit 600 and rf600 fenders work dont remember what the exact years are you need the fender and the brace to do it i bought one from an rf600 bike
                      should look like this one but you can buy em new just like kat fenders
                      sigpic

Comment

pics would be cool, in my recent build of the Bike in the Box, i came across the fender, busted, a pretty decent sized piece missing from the front.
                        Now im a bit of a fabricator, so i decided id try to fix this rather than say fawk it and buy new.

So i traced the missing piece onto paper, transfered to a piece of flat abs donor plastic, plastic welded that with the help of my solder iron, then cross stitched it ground it down body filled sanded, and now its ready for paint.
                        Im satisfied with the outcome

Comment

Working...
                        X