X

The difference between Leather and Perforated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The difference between Leather and Perforated

I currnetly have a textile and want to get a leather jacket. I was wondering the heat difference between the two. I'm specifically looking at the Alpinestar TZ-1 and an Alpinestar Perforated. Any info will help.
    Thanks
    1993 Kat 750, black no graphics, bar end mirrors, shovel chop

i would think the diffrance is in the holes? just a guess

Comment

Ya I got that, but was wondering as far as being hot or cold how much of a difference it really makes.

Comment

It makes quite a bit of difference when you're moving. Almost no difference when you're stopped.
        I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

With textile/Mesh jackets you can stay fairly cool when your moving.. Same with Perforated leather, those vents really help to let the body heat out and get cool air in.

Comment

Great thanks for the help. I think I may get a pererated leather and eventually get a mesh for the hot days. It seems like people are satisfied with a couple sets of gear for different weather.

Comment

i have the tz1 and it's perferated around the armpits. it's good for late spring and summer, and early fall. it's not a warm jacket... aslo it's VERY form fitting so about all you can get under it is a long sleeve tee.
              hope this helps your search.
              ddsis
              "One pork sausage please...."

Comment

i have the tz1 and it's perferated around the armpits. it's good for late spring and summer, and early fall. it's not a warm jacket... aslo it's VERY form fitting so about all you can get under it is a long sleeve tee.
                hope this helps your search.
                ddsis
                "One pork sausage please...."

Comment

while it may not get down below the 40s in my area I've still ridden with this jacket on a windy day in the mid to low 50s high 40s and my hands actually get cold before my body does with my TZ1. It's plenty warm for me but I also live in California where anything below 60 is freezing cold.
                  Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
                  fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
                  fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
                  girls = yammah
                  yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Originally posted by Matched Player
                    Great thanks for the help. I think I may get a pererated leather and eventually get a mesh for the hot days. It seems like people are satisfied with a couple sets of gear for different weather.
                    Absolutly!
                    Honestly the fewer times you ride with
                    lower quality gear the better!
                    Mesh/textile is not going to give you the
                    protection that leather will.
                    So I would get perf leather..
                    Save the Textile for when you feel you really need it.
                    If you get a tighter race jacket, like the TZ1 sounds,
                    you can still get high performance underwear.
                    Like silk for example.
                    I've also seen guys from the British mags wear
                    jackets over their leathers..

Comment

I had a Joe Rocket fully perforated jacket I liked it but I could see in a crash were the faults lay..with so many perfs you would think it would shred easier than lets say a solid piece of leather...so I would suggest to get a leather jacket with perfs only in the arm pits and vents...it will be more durable in a crash and still keep you cool....just my $.02..
                      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
                      X