X

new guy 98 KAT 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy 98 KAT 600

New guy here with a new to me 98 Katana 600. Went from riding dirt bikes and cruisers my whole life to this to try something new. Traded my 2000 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 w/ a lot of mods for this 98 Kat bone stock except for the seat. Ive got to say im thoroughly impressed with this bike. This is my first sport bike so seating position is very different and the power delivery is completely opposite of what im used too.... but i like it.... To me it feels like it has a power band like a 2 stroke dirt bike.... so much fun!! I chose this bike actually for the weight because i commute 200mi a week to work and dont like getting blown around on the highway. I also joined this forum to gain some knowledge and hopefully meet some cool people. Just wanted to check in and say hi.... now its time to start lurkin.
    98 KAT 600

Welcome to katriders......
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Originally posted by sk8KAT View Post
        New guy here with a new to me 98 Katana 600. Went from riding dirt bikes and cruisers my whole life to this to try something new. Traded my 2000 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 w/ a lot of mods for this 98 Kat bone stock except for the seat. Ive got to say im thoroughly impressed with this bike. This is my first sport bike so seating position is very different and the power delivery is completely opposite of what im used too.... but i like it.... To me it feels like it has a power band like a 2 stroke dirt bike.... so much fun!! I chose this bike actually for the weight because i commute 200mi a week to work and dont like getting blown around on the highway. I also joined this forum to gain some knowledge and hopefully meet some cool people. Just wanted to check in and say hi.... now its time to start lurkin.
        Welcome! A little confused on the weight topic though. You went from a heavier bike to one lighter by almost 200 lbs., and think that will correct being blown around? You should see how my smaller displacement bikes of the 70's do on the highway! Like a feather in the wind! Hell, even a heavy truck has no trouble getting blown around on the highway.
        '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
          X