• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy #%^$#$ That CB was insane!!!
    I don't know how I missed this..

Comment

Looking so awesome so far!!
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Looking great! Did you respray the little finned fake oil cooler vent?

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
          Looking great! Did you respray the little finned fake oil cooler vent?
          No that part's unpainted. Not sure why I bought that part really as I plan to run an oil cooler and wont be using it.

I've also ordered some of the same Yosh tank decals as you have on your tank (but with white lettering) but I'm not sure if I'll actually use them yet or just leave the tank as it is.
          Last edited by pontiacstogo; 04-07-2009, 10:30 PM.
          1981 CB900F (silver)
          1982 CB900F (blue)
          1982 GS1000SZ Katana (silver)
          1983 CB1100F (red)

Comment

Mod it
            !!

99 750

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
              No that part's unpainted. Not sure why I bought that part really as I plan to run an oil cooler and wont be using it.

I've also ordered some of the same Yosh tank decals as you have on your tank (but with white lettering) but I'm not sure if I'll actually use them yet or just leave the tank as it is.
              I've got a could of those parts as well and neither of mine was painted but they're both pretty faded. Yours looked like the color was even so I thought you might have sprayed it. I'm going to loose mine in favor of a cooler as well but I'm trying to decide between an earls or a summit.

As for the decals, I could never find the yoshi and suzuki decals in the size I wanted so I drew them up in adobe illustrator and had a vinyl guy cut them on a plotter for me.

Comment

You look well on your way. I have an '82 GS650G, and while not as desired as the famed 1000 and 1100's its a great little bike. If you have any questions go to http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/index.php
                if you have any questions. Your following a path many have done before you and have plenty of tips and tricks to get you to the end.
                Last edited by paintmann111; 04-19-2009, 11:42 PM.
                2 bikes

'82 GS650G
                '94 Katana 600

Comment

I had to play dress-up once before it comes apart;

And if nothing else this just goes to show that bolting nice bodywork to a peice of crap doesn't change it from being a peice of crap .
                  1981 CB900F (silver)
                  1982 CB900F (blue)
                  1983 CB1100F (red)

Comment

The teardown has begun;

Should have the engine out and the frame bare by the end of the weekend then ship everything off to the powdercoater Monday.
                    1981 CB900F (silver)
                    1982 CB900F (blue)
                    1983 CB1100F (red)

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
                      The teardown has begun;

Should have the engine out and the frame bare by the end of the weekend then ship everything off to the powdercoater Monday.
                      That CB with the F2 wheels looks really nice. I had one of those years ago. I loved that bike and wound up wiping it out folowing an F2 into a high speed turn at 100 mph. Those are still my favorite eye candy bikes.
                      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Skoots like this deserve the love and care of being brought back to life. It almost broke my heart to pull the motor and part the rest of the '86 gsxr1100 instead of restoring it. Then again, the motor goes in my Kat soonly i hope. I hope mine turns out as well as your toys have.
                        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Frame's off to the powdercoater tomorrow ;

1981 CB900F (silver)
                          1982 CB900F (blue)
                          1983 CB1100F (red)

Comment

awesome!
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Your bikes look great. I'm looking forward to seeing the Kat when its finished.

Comment

Hmmm... this is a tough one. If you have another bike I would say restore it, but if this is your only one I'd say modify... if that makes any sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X