X

Chain and sprockets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain and sprockets

Okay after reading many posts on the forum and Cyber's gearing for Kats Etc. I'm ready to buy. My 99 750 has a stock 45 rear on it . I looked at it so I know that is it . What I've decided to get is a 15 front 49 rear going 2 up on what other 750's had stock and 4 up from mine. From all the reading I've done the should be a 120 link chain . Now I just need to find the best prices on this combo ? Bikebandit has a combo but I believe it is an aluminum rear and I want steel from what I read here . I think I want an EK chain with that screw type master for ease of use and strength . I've looked at JT sprockets but can't find the 49 rear I want . Well I'd like to hear where some of you have had good prices and service . Thanks in advance .
    Mind over matter , if you don't mind it doesn't matter

I ordered the RK/Vortex warranty kit from Bike Bandit, and regardless of them saying it was aluminum, it definitely showed up being steel. Having gone from the non stock gearing on my 600 (14/47) back to the stock gearing, it made a world of difference. Highway speeds the RPM's are lower and the speedo reads dead on. The only place I really notice a difference is in first gear. After that, if I want the same acceleration I had before I drop down a gear.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

what is stock gearing for you 15/47?

Comment

My stock gearing is 15/45 .

Comment

Re: Chain and sprockets

Originally posted by redpiranha
          I've looked at JT sprockets but can't find the 49 rear I want . Well I'd like to hear where some of you have had good prices and service . Thanks in advance .
          A tool for adjusting the TPS Throttle Position Sensor voltage on any fuel injected motor that has an adjustable TPS
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Pretty sure stock on the '06 Kat 600 is also 15/45. I'm trying to figure out the best way to make it better for highway riding...smaller rear sprocket?~J

~J.

Comment

the 600 is 15/47 I'm sure of that

Comment

Originally posted by The600Samurai
                Pretty sure stock on the '06 Kat 600 is also 15/45. I'm trying to figure out the best way to make it better for highway riding...smaller rear sprocket?~J

~J.
                Originally posted by arsenic13
                the 600 is 15/47 I'm sure of that
                Big bone of contention . Some come stock with the 15/45 , some with the 15/47 . You're BOTH right .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I thought only 750's came with 15/45 and 600's were 15/47 . At least that's what I got after reading up on it here and a couple other places.

Comment

yep 750 is 15-45 or 15/47 600 is ALWAYS 15/47

Comment

Working...
                    X