X

Almost done with my swingarm swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost done with my swingarm swap

Here's a few pics of how my swingarm swap is going. I should have it back together by the weekend. Just got to get my new springs for the forks & an ignition advancer. Can you tell any difference by adding the advancer? I have a Vance & Hines SS2r exhaust, k&n pods, & a stage 3 jet kit already. Thanks
    Attached Files

nice i am going to be changing my swing arm also here very shortly.
    your suzuki qualified tech

flinstone little block mod

Comment

Something to keep in mind is your exhaust. A wider swingarm is probably going to hit your pipe. I just figured that I had enough room but that wasn't the case. I had to take the tip off my Vance & Hines turn it upside down & then run the pipe with the bracket on the outside. It dosen't look bad just keep it in mind.

Comment

i am changing the exhaust to a 4 2 1 anyways.going to have acustom mid pipe made for it so that should not be a prob. thanks for the tip though.

Comment

hey what wheel did u use?

Comment

Hi, where did you get the swingarm (from which bike?) and what else you need to buy to do the complete swap? what wheel size are you using?

thanks

Comment

i put a 1100 swing arm in. it fits but had to do a little grinding. its about a 1/4 inch wider then the 600. i am using the same tires for now but i am going to get a little bit of a wider rim here shortly. a 750 swing arm fits right in but is an inch longer. (1100 is the same length). everything else just bolts right in. if you go with the 750 swing arm you will need to buy a longer chain.

Comment

1100 arm as in......kat? or Gixxer? 1052, 1127, or 1074?
                FrankenKat 1216
                GS Fiter 816
                GSXR750! (race)

Comment

What dogbones and shock mount did u use?

Comment

What are those passenger pegs from? They look nice on the Kat, looks like they will raise the pipe up higher.
                    It looks nice but I'm a little shocked you didn't clean it up more..

Comment

Working...
                    X