X

Rear wheel spacer on a pre-98 question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wheel spacer on a pre-98 question

OK - I changed my chain and sprockets and I'm putting the rear wheel on. I do not know if I'm missing the left wheel spacer (sprocket side) or not. I ordered another one but it is identical to something that is already on the wheel. I have a diagram that shows a ring holding the bearing in (which appears to be there on my bike) and then the wheel spacer. When I puy the wheel spacer in, it fits on top of the bearing (and bearing spacer) and ends up being flush with the wheel. When everything is bolted up, the wheel is flush with the swing arm - nothing in between. It rotates but there is barely any clearance between the bolts that hold the sprocket on and then swing arm.

Can anyone give me some input here? Possibly check your bike and see if there is a visible spacer on the spocket side or if the wheel/hub assembly sits flush with the left swing arm?

Thanks.
    '95 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600
    PurpleonBlack

I wish I could answer this for you. My back wheel is the same way, and I've always felt like there should be something else in there. Looking at the microfische for it, I don't see anything.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

both of your wheels are fine the left side spacer is really short is fis almost flush with the sprocket carrier and the bolts do look like there gonna hit the inside of the swingarm

Comment

Originally posted by Sin
        ft side spacer is really short is fis almost flush with the sprocket carrier and the bolts do look like there gonna hit the inside of the swingarm
        Yup.. scary close..

Comment

Working...
        X