Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How to "clean up" the rear fender area? go integrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to "clean up" the rear fender area? go integrated?

Is getting integrated tail lights going to allow me to remove that big rear fender and the tail lights on it? I have been looking online and am going to order them when I get my exhaust but was jw if I am going to have to remove that black fender or how that goes..

Im a newbie to this

go to competitionwerkes.com

the sell fender eliminator kits that remove the big black fender..and it comes with smaller turnsignals that mount right to the license plate bracket.
    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
    k9 GSX-R 600
    GO VOLS!

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorange189 View Post
      go to competitionwerkes.com

the sell fender eliminator kits that remove the big black fender..and it comes with smaller turnsignals that mount right to the license plate bracket.
      thanks brahhh yea cuz I do ride alot at night so I think im gonna keep the sinnals maybe just the smaller ones like you said, we are invisible as it is right

Comment

lee3645 has a pic with the fender eliminator installed, in his garage. There is a pic of an integrated tail light (Clear Alternatives) in my garage. Hope these help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin6017 View Post
          lee3645 has a pic with the fender eliminator installed, in his garage. There is a pic of an integrated tail light (Clear Alternatives) in my garage. Hope these help.
          thanks robinnnn, yours looks great, I saw the clear alternatives kit you have at 58cycle.com, do I need anything else to complete the look besides that? do the wires that went into the stock taillights go into the new intergrated ones?

very helpful, thanks for the pics, dang those tiallights are small, might as well go integrated
          Last edited by bgraff1lsu; 07-16-2008, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Very simple install, you remove your lens cover, remove the bulbs, then remove one of the bulb sockets (it twists right out). Then the new board goes in by plugging in the taillight/break lights plug in to the socket you left in. The turn signals only need to be attached the the hot wires from your existing turn signals. It will take about 10 minutes to complete. There are resistors you can install of the blink rate of the turn signals is too fast. Clear Alt's web site actually has directions you can look over (http://www.clearalternatives.com/Integrator.htm).

As for removing the fender, I believe a hack saw and some patience takes care of that. There are probably a few threads here that cover this. The previous owner of my Kat removed the rear fender, he did a bit of a sloppy job. So one of my projects is to cleanup the edges.

Comment

Originally posted by bgraff1lsu View Post
              Is getting integrated tail lights going to allow me to remove that big rear fender and the tail lights on it? I have been looking online and am going to order them when I get my exhaust but was jw if I am going to have to remove that black fender or how that goes..

Im a newbie to this
              if your bike is 98-02 that tail light will not fit you did not mention the year of your bike the tail lights change in 03
              sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

thanks robinnnn, yours looks great, I saw the clear alternatives kit you have at 58cycle.com, do I need anything else to complete the look besides that? do the wires that went into the stock taillights go into the new intergrated ones?

very helpful, thanks for the pics, dang those tiallights are small, might as well go integrated
                You could always keep the stock signals instead of going to the smaller ones in the kit.

I just made a replica of the competition werkes unit that retains the stock signals as I didn't care for the competition werkes setup.

Here are a couple of images of the change.

This is the Competition Werkes unit.

And this is my version. I am going to put reflective tape on the side brackets and also use them to mount the turn signals. The reason for no holes there is I haven't decided how high or low I want the signals. I also used slightly thicker stainless steel for this.

Tmod.
                Last edited by Tmod; 07-16-2008, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I am running small LED signals also, you can see them in the pic under the rear faring

Originally posted by JBLUE View Post
                  if your bike is 98-02 that tail light will not fit you did not mention the year of your bike the tail lights change in 03
                  Good point, mine is an 04, same light they have in the Busa (according to Clear Alt).

Comment

Originally posted by JBLUE View Post
                    sorry J,

I have a 06 600 so I should be straight with the suggestions

Comment

Or you could just cut down the fender (search "shovel chop") and add the integrated. No need to buy the compwerkes kit (over priced in my opinion considering you have to cut the fender anyway). I've upgraded to the 03 tail, put on an artfibras undertail but have kept my stock turn signals. I like how big they are. Nice to be seen.
                      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                      -Terence

Comment

Here is after I put the fender eliminator in, I have not tightened it down yet as I am still doing work back there. I used riv-nuts installed into the plate instead of the conventional machine screws and locknuts as I find it a little easier to install. I also wanted the turn signals a little lower then the comp werkes kit and retain the stock signals.

Tmod

Comment

I have turn signals on the rear ferring they are really small and I am not a fan of them. Is it possible to upgrade my 99 light to this one that Tmod has pictured above?

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERGTZ View Post
                            I have turn signals on the rear ferring they are really small and I am not a fan of them. Is it possible to upgrade my 99 light to this one that Tmod has pictured above?
                            Those are the stock lights. Someone is always selling them either here or on ebay.

Tmod, maybe it's just the angle, but not a single one of those holes look like they line up.
                            Last edited by brooder; 07-22-2008, 07:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                            -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
                              Tmod, maybe it's just the angle, but not a single one of those holes look like they line up.
                              As stated in my last post I am still working back there so nothing is tightened down yet, the hole pattern is the exact same as the stock plastic piece.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
                              X