No announcement yet.
X

video of stock vs after headlights & install driving lights on forks in 2 min

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video of stock vs after headlights & install driving lights on forks in 2 min

sigpic

1) Some's eyes are messed up enough to not notice they are recoding the first video sideways...

2) I don't like the idea of loosing the reflector. It takes away from nighttime visibility.

Otherwise, pretty inventive way to put on the driving lights.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
      1) Some's eyes are messed up enough to not notice they are recoding the first video sideways...

2) I don't like the idea of loosing the reflector. It takes away from nighttime visibility.

Otherwise, pretty inventive way to put on the driving lights.
      Cp shot the video and didnt send me the updated one turned upright yet & if loosing the reflector over more light on the bike and personal visibility is a problem , then you could always add reflector tape on the forks also
      sigpic

Comment

The fog lights look good. You can regain the side visibility (lost from removing the reflectors) by installing dual filament lights in the front signals.
        The headlight conversion is good just be careful not to overload the circuit with high wattage bulbs. Or install a relay in the system. The front "eye" is a waste on USA bikes that have always on headlights, so no big loss on that being out.

Comment

hrm, do pre 98's have that reflector bracket? im pretty sure mine doesnt but its 80 miles away in storage right now so i cant check
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Malloc View Post
            Cp shot the video and didnt send me the updated one turned upright yet & if loosing the reflector over more light on the bike and personal visibility is a problem , then you could always add reflector tape on the forks also
            I thought about the reflective tape after the fact. That would work in place of the reflector I suppose.

Originally posted by GregS View Post
            The front "eye" is a waste on USA bikes that have always on headlights, so no big loss on that being out.
            Say that again when you're bike is on the side of the road and you're using the Parking setting to avoid draining the battery. The thrid eye provides a marker in the front. Also, the third eye is yet another tool for allowing motorists to judge the distance to you when viewed from the front.
            Last edited by brooder; 12-05-2007, 01:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
            -Terence

Comment

Not sure what happens to the beam pattern on either fogs or driving lights when you turn them 90 degrees...probably not as designed.
              93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveb View Post
                Not sure what happens to the beam pattern on either fogs or driving lights when you turn them 90 degrees...probably not as designed.

fog lights if perfectly round will have no diference,
                other way around that also is to bend the reflector bracket i showed i used in the video ( or a home made one) 90 degrees up and mount the light right side up then
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X