X

New member, hello everyone :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, hello everyone :)

Just bought my first Katana. It's a fixer-upper '96 600. I've had it two weeks and have already put a good 25+ hrs into it. Just today got it purring beautifully. Still needs a lot of work and parts but it's already a different bike than the one I rode home on. I'm 28 and male, army vet of 4 1/2 years as an aviation ISR tech. Still new to riding as I really only have a good year under my belt on a 96 FZR600 that I sold a few years back. Southwest Florida streets though so it was a great difficulty experience increase . I love traveling the world and am currently a full-time RV goer and just recently graduated an accelerated Wind Turbine Technician course in South California. I've been using the katriders site so far the entire rebuild process and think it's a great community and wealth of information so I had to join. I'm excited to be a part of this new family, and absolutely love this bike. The next bike I hope to get in a few years is a 2015+ KTM RC390 (keeping the Kat forever if possible). Thanks for reading, ride on!
    Jordan

Welcome to KatRiders. As you have already found, it is a great forum with great members. Welcome.

Comment

Welcome aboard, thanks for your service
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome Aviation was a blast, it makes working on something smaller like a bike an exciting hobby.

Comment

Welcome to KR.
          Kyle

Comment

Welcome to KR!
            2002 750 Kat
            2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
            1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
            2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

welcome to KR

Comment

Thanks everyone So I was wondering if anyone here lives in South California and knows about any track days with bikers? I'd love to come out to an event and learn some great tips and practice riding in a safer setting.

Comment

Where abouts in SoCal are you, and how far you willing to travel? Leguna Seca has track days and lessons available, but from say LA that's at least a 5 hour drive.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Chuckwalla raceway does have track days. 30 min outside of palm springs
                    Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-01-2016, 05:48 PM.
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the info. Right now I'm in Tehachapi, about 30 minutes east of Bakersfield. You guys ever go out to track days?

Comment

Working...
                      X