X

Katana GSX1100F noob

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonathon1 View Post
    Where do you change and add clutch fluid?
    Only the 1100 had it, your bike does not. Yours has a cable.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
      You say you bought two 1100's, but you don't
      know if they have hydraulic clutch, don't even
      know if they are 1100's.
      Bought a sigma jet kit, which is junk ( proper carb
      functioning will make or break any bike)
      I strongly suggest you research these bikes thoroughly,
      reading all the forums here or else I predict a frustrating,
      expensive road ahead of you .
      Easy fella, let's not get hasty. You might ought to read the thread again. What I was unsure of was the year of the bikes. I was told they were 95's but didn't have the titles yet and didn't know how to find out what year they actually were. When I did get the titles I corrected my understanding in the initial thread post and stated that I found out they were 91's. I knew all along that they were 1100's and that they had hydraulic clutches. Others had asked questions about the hydraulic clutch situation and I offered my two cents from what I know about my bike because I have one but could not confirm or deny how other year models or displacements were set up. I was able to cancel the sigma jet kit, which was suggested by a coworker having used them himself, and I have clearly stated I'm a noob. Please, as you have done before, provide useful information on what I should be doing or should be buying in the correct form of parts. Beating me down for what I may or may not know isn't gonna help me at all. I have a folder full of printed research and a folder full of bookmarks where I found that documentation.

Comment

Toughen up, you are on the interweb. Let it slide, unless you've been told something more then once. You're good.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Riddle me this. I have gotten all of my carbs cleaned and reassembled, however when i put fuel to them #3 and #4 flood. If I separate carbs 3 and 4 and supply fuel to them individually they don't flood. What is the malfunction. I have checked and rechecked float height and made sure they weren't binding, made sure the right float bowls were in the right places as i marked them before i took them apart, all of the fuel shut offs are new, the floats are all intact and leak free. I'm baffled as to what is going on here.

Comment

Working...
          X