Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shpielers View Post

I'm not Guy. 92xjunker is.

But happy to help.
    Lol. 92xjunker would be correct. That was "guy" in general. A less formal term for "Mr." if you will.

Comment

I'm against that term... It makes me answer to people not talking to me....
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Quick question for y'all. My bike has the BST38SS carbs and I can't get the darn hinge pins out to remove the floats. Got two of the four carbs that the needles are stuck open. Any suggestions on how to remove those hinge pins without busting anything. Should they fall out or are they pressed in?

Comment

From what I hear, the pins can be a major pain.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

Use a center punch, the type that has a spring in it. Automatic center punch? I forget the exact name. But yes they can be a royal PITA. Interference fit....if you don't have one of those, just a normal punch can do it. Just don't whack the hell out of it. I also hit them with a little wd40 to try and lube things - don't think it helped but it definitely didn't hurt.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I have a CA bike.
              Change to non CA jets will give a lot more power, mucho. The 1/4 mile time for a non CA kat is 10.69. CA spec is 11.27 or around there-that's huge.
              Also, use relays for coils and headlight. After you do the relays for the coil, change plug gap to .9. After relay to headlight, get a 80/100w bulb- the light will amaze you.
              Get 5 degree advancer.Change out fork fluid. If is black, its old oem crap.Stainless brake lines, fresh brake fluid and organic brake pads give great feel.
              Get morgann carb tune to synch carbs, carbs have to be checked like every 3000 miles, you'll feel the buzz, these bikes buzz.... get some grip wraps for that too.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                I have a CA bike.
                Change to non CA jets will give a lot more power, mucho. The 1/4 mile time for a non CA kat is 10.69. CA spec is 11.27 or around there-that's huge.
                Also, use relays for coils and headlight. After you do the relays for the coil, change plug gap to .9. After relay to headlight, get a 80/100w bulb- the light will amaze you.
                Get 5 degree advancer.Change out fork fluid. If is black, its old oem crap.Stainless brake lines, fresh brake fluid and organic brake pads give great feel.
                Get morgann carb tune to synch carbs, carbs have to be checked like every 3000 miles, you'll feel the buzz, these bikes buzz.... get some grip wraps for that too.
                Thanks for the info. I have taken note to many mentions of the relays for the coils and headlight. I had to rebuild the forks and my 6 sigma non CA jet kit is on the way. new brake pads and fluid, clutch fluid changed, now chain and tires are new and all that good jazz so I'm well on my way thanks to this great site.

Comment

I have never heard of Sigma.
                  Does it come with new needles?

Comment

I have never heard of Sigma.
                    Does it come with new needles?
                    Yes

Comment

Where do you change and add clutch fluid?

Comment

Clutch resovoir is in front of clutch lever, remove two screw, lift top off. Bleeder is on clutch cover, left side
                        fwiw, that sigma kit looks like crap, doesn't even have needles.
                        Get factory kit.

Comment

Im going to have to take a good look at it but the only reservoir that i see with 2 screws and top/cap is the brake.

When i took the clutch cover off to change the sprocket it seemed my clutch was a cable. Is that possible?
                          Last edited by jonathon1; 03-05-2016, 10:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Clutch resovoir is in front of clutch lever, remove two screw, lift top off. Bleeder is on clutch cover, left side
                            fwiw, that sigma kit looks like crap, doesn't even have needles.
                            Get factory kit.
                            I had to look again. I thought it did. It just comes with adjusters. Dang it.

Originally posted by jonathon1 View Post
                            Im going to have to take a good look at it but the only reservoir that i see with 2 screws and top/cap is the brake.

When i took the clutch cover off to change the sprocket it seemed my clutch was a cable. Is that possible?
                            It may depend on the year model and engine size. My bike so happens to have a hydraulic clutch.
                            Last edited by Ldub; 03-06-2016, 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

1100 is hydraulic, all others are cable actuated,jonathon1.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

You say you bought two 1100's, but you don't
                                know if they have hydraulic clutch, don't even
                                know if they are 1100's.
                                Bought a sigma jet kit, which is junk ( proper carb
                                functioning will make or break any bike)
                                I strongly suggest you research these bikes thoroughly,
                                reading all the forums here or else I predict a frustrating,
                                expensive road ahead of you .

Comment

Working...
                                X