X

I dumdassed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dumdassed

Hello all, i recently bought a 1997 Katana gsx 600f for a song so i thought i would build me a toy. anyway my battery was dead and i jumped her. well low and behold after that i had zero spark.i am a great car mechanic but not so much with the bikes. i figure i fried something and i'm wondering what it may be. all fuses good,, is there a fusible link i can't see or do they like cars have a pcm and or a bcm. if anybody can point me in the right direction it would much be appreciated.

No fusible links. The ignition switch does have a security feature in it but, 99% sure that isn't the issue. How did you jump it, car running or just off the battery?

Does your fuse box have a 25amp fuse in it?
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-26-2016, 09:31 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

there are also two kill switches. A side stand safety switch (kickstand has to be down) and a clutch safety switch (clutch has to be pulled in) but if those are disconnected and bypassed, or damaged in some way, you wont get spark.

Did you check spark on all 4? Coils could be junk or disconnected. if you get spark on 2 of the 4 cylinders, could be coils.

If the battery is garbage, it may not have the cranking amps to produce a spark.
      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Master fuse need resetting?
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

96-97 have a 25 amp fuse, no breaker
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

hey thanks for the input,i got it figured out, was a bad new battery

it was the battery bro,thanks,

kinda new to this forum stuff, anyways thanks for the replies got me up and purrrin,
            Last edited by insaneeinstien; 02-25-2016, 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well next time you jump start a bike from a car, be sure the car engine is not running or it will blow the igniter circuit. Kinda pricey replacing those.

Comment

Working...
              X