X

GSX 750F - 98-02 model (99) and shad pannier mounts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX 750F - 98-02 model (99) and shad pannier mounts

So I'we been browsing the forum all weekend and trying to find a possible solution to getting hard cases on my side..

I'we given up finding givi mounting as their either out of stock or impossible to find on ebay etc..

I did find
    SHAD FULL MASTER SUZUKI GSX 750 F - 98/02 - S0G78F+D1BNFL:

Which i'm willing to use, but it seems I'm only able to use Shad cases then..

But then I found ..

Which is a quick removable rack that you can fit givi mounts on!

Here is the schematics:
    Im offiziellen Online Shop von SW-MOTECH erwerben Sie hochwertiges Motorradzubehör aus den Bereichen Gepäck, Navigation, Ergonomie, Sicherheit und Schutz.

The mounting at the blinkers i'm not too sure about .. as thats not how my bike looks, and I removed the back cover so my backside looks kinda different.. Maybe its where I have my blinkers now they wanna fit it ? Sorry for the bad picture I can go make a better closeup if needed..

And the mounting at the footrest looks a bit different on my model than a 03 .. but can that be changed or fitted somehow ?

I guess what im asking is.. anyone tried fitting this mount to a 98-02 Katana / GSX 750F ?

The description on twisted throttle says "Evo Style for Givi, Micatech, TraX ALU-BOX, & Krauser side" so you can adapter any of those bags with the correct hardware.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

do you have a link ?

Comment

I use a 46L Shad top case with mount and sling over saddle bags on my 02 600. I have had my Shad case for a couple of years and have had no problems with it. See my pics for case on bike
        Last edited by landofsong; 07-02-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/ they are the retailer for SW motech in the US.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

i'll probably settle for the shad side cases and mount, now to find a european supplier who has it in stock

Comment

Originally posted by Pytte View Post
              But then I found ..

Which is a quick removable rack that you can fit givi mounts on!

Here is the schematics:
              Im offiziellen Online Shop von SW-MOTECH erwerben Sie hochwertiges Motorradzubehör aus den Bereichen Gepäck, Navigation, Ergonomie, Sicherheit und Schutz.

And the mounting at the footrest looks a bit different on my model than a 03 .. but can that be changed or fitted somehow ?

I guess what im asking is.. anyone tried fitting this mount to a 98-02 Katana / GSX 750F ?
              Those links for the SW-Motech are of course for the 2003-2006 model. I remember on Katriders a couple months back someone trying to fit a Givi 1998-2002 mounting rack onto a 2003+ bike. There were fitment issues. Just like you are noticing with the footrests and I believe the bolting of the muffler, but don't quote me. I can only assume that with any luggage manufacture mounting a rack designed for the 2003+ model onto your 1999 would have issues as well, that's only an assumption.

Here's something on the Shad website I found for the full 3 case setup.

I have the full Givi 3-case setup and i can tell you just from looking at Shad's design of the top case mounting, it is superior to Givis. Shad mounts are bolted, what appears solidly to the existing threaded holes in the top frame rail. Whereas Givi uses a looping flat metal strap to mount the top case to the lower metal rails where one would strap bungee cords to.

Here are some pics after the Givi mounting loop strap broke. I could not find a replacement strap or even trying to fabricate another strap like the Givis, so I had to improvise.
              Attached Files
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

thanks for reply mate, I have a givi wing rack laying here, which previous owner said would fit my bike, but doesn't at all with the mounting stuff included.

He said he never had it fitted, and it looks old and used so probably not for this bike.

Anyways, I have now bought shad 43L side cases, and mounting kit.

Only problem so far is that the supplier I bought from did not send anything but the frame, so I am missing the case mounting pieces, but hopefully should get that soon

My order had this:
                S0G78F +D1BNFL SHAD Attachment SIDE MASTER TUBOLARE, GSX 750 F(98/04) (Cases attachment supports SHAD)

So clearly states the D1BNFL that should be for the case attachment :\
                Last edited by Pytte; 07-20-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pytte View Post
                  thanks for reply mate, I have a givi wing rack laying here, which previous owner said would fit my bike, but doesn't at all with the mounting stuff included.

He said he never had it fitted, and it looks old and used so probably not for this bike.

Anyways, I have now bought shad 43L side cases, and mounting kit.

Only problem so far is that the supplier I bought from did not send anything but the frame, so I am missing the case mounting pieces, but hopefully should get that soon

My order had this:
                  S0G78F +D1BNFL SHAD Attachment SIDE MASTER TUBOLARE, GSX 750 F(98/04) (Cases attachment supports SHAD)

So clearly states the D1BNFL that should be for the case attachment :\
                  Let me guess, you bought the rack from cycleluggage.com? When I bought mine from them they didn't include the piece that actually allows you to mount the cases to it even though it was in the description. Once I got it, it looked really good. What color did you go with? I ended up scoring a givi e-52 case for free. all you would need to do is get a piece of metal cut and drill the holes for the givi mounting plate. I was lucky enough to have my local car mechanic do it for free.
                  Attached Files
                  "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

no it was an european supplier, I'm thinking it's Shad who has the problem as this clearly was in a seperate package with different instructions.

Anyway I have it all now and mounted I'm thinking of mounting the givi top on it as well, but the sidebags seem to hold alot

They have black covers as my bike is completely black.

Seems like 2 small plates to screw on the givi top plate is all needed for proper mounting to the shad mounts.

Comment

I don't know much about this subject but your bike sure looks good.

Comment

Working...
                      X