X

The Look

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Look

So I've amassed a pretty decent collection of addons for my bike ie. 3 different windshields, rear hugger, two seats - one with a seat cowl, the other a more comfy padded touring seat, both 600 and 750 triple trees etc...I currently have my bike setup with no hugger, the touring windshield, the the extra comfy seat and 600 triple tree.

I was just wanting to know how others have set their rides up for daily ripping around. I can go from a touring look to a more "SS" type look within a couple minutes but I've been leaning towards the touring look lately.

i'm stuck in touring mode: ST windscreen and hard saddlebags. Need the space to carry work and school stuff. I can always take the bags off in < 10 seconds for fun riding though. I love your setup with the seat cowl btw
    "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

Originally posted by kat_pilot750 View Post
      i'm stuck in touring mode: ST windscreen and hard saddlebags. Need the space to carry work and school stuff. I can always take the bags off in < 10 seconds for fun riding though. I love your setup with the seat cowl btw
      Thanks. Your setup is pretty sweet as well. Givi?

Comment

Originally posted by mcornelius View Post
        Thanks. Your setup is pretty sweet as well. Givi?
        actually Shad. bout $100 cheaper and 43L capacity

Comment

actually Shad. bout $100 cheaper and 43L capacity
          Where did you get them?
          Busa build https://picasaweb.google.com/warezdo...eat=directlink

Comment

Sorry for the delayed post. I got the mounting rack from cycleluggage.com and I got the cases from sportmotogear.com. In one way or another, they all come from binetto in Miami. Here's shad's website: shadusa.com

Comment

Where did you find your hard cases, and how are they mounted? if you have some detailed pics would like to see them.
              TRUST YOUR HANG !

Comment

I tend to ride only with my tank bag. Stock windscreen, no saddle bags. No extra touring add ons. When going long distance, I affix my assault pack to my spare seat (without solo cowl), and use that to haul my personal affects.
                ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                Semper Fi

Comment

i prefer the super sport look, with the seat cowl, race screen, gp pegs on and lugage tie down bars removed.
                  when im touring i have soft bags, rear lugage rack, tailbag, backpackand tankbag
                  Last edited by hardlydangerous; 10-12-2010, 06:08 AM.
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

No fairings, tiny flyscreen, bars below the triple, tail jacked up..... no bags, just a backpack full of books on my 60 mile round-trip commute to school and back. Wind protection is non-existent, but I enjoy it.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by arctickat View Post
                      Where did you find your hard cases, and how are they mounted? if you have some detailed pics would like to see them.
                      Sorry this took so long to get to you work and school have been killer lately. The hard cases I purchased from sportmotogear.com located in Texas since they had the best price on the cases.(http://www.sportmotogear.com/Lateral...%20lateral.htm) Another reason I went there is because different color options for the top part of the cases is normally a ~$50 extra. At sportmotogear you get to choose your color for no extra so you're lookin at a little over $350 + shipping (fedex standard).

For the mounting rack you have two options which they call a "top master" and a "full master". If you are just looking at adding a trunk, go with the top master. But, if you want the side cases, you need the full master since it gives you the ability to add both the side cases and the trunk. Other bikes have a "side master" part number which strictly mounts the side cases, but it's not available for post Kats. The full master part number is S0G78F+D1BNFL. The S0G78F is the main rack that connects to the frame/subframe under the rear fairings. The D1BNFL is the part that bolts onto the main rack that you attach your cases to. I got my rack from cycleluggage.com (best price) but they did not have anything on the D1BNFL so Shad actually gave it to me for free to apologize for their error (score!). However, CliMax now has it for $135.01: http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/ser...s--dsh-/Detail (Choose number 39) and it appears to include both the main rack (S0G78F) and the part that you connect the cases to (D1BNFL).

I got some more detailed pictures below. If you need more detailed pics, let me know. One thing you'll notice is the right mount is close to the exhaust (Yoshi Rs3). If you have a stocker, you should be okay, but I've noticed that many aftermarket exhausts I"ve looked at come just as close. This hasn't been a huge deal, although a small bit of the case touches the top portion of the exhaust but not by much. Another noteworthy tidbit is although many of Shad's pictures show turn signal relocation built into the mounts, this is NOT the case. The pictures show my turn signals on top of the rear pegs but I ultimately got some galvanized metal from home depot and bent them to my liking to have my turn signals come out from behind the license plate...all for ~$2.50, some swearing, and 3 beers.

Sorry again for the delay in posting! Hope this helps.

Chris
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here are some more pics of the cases and the set up in general.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris

Saw this post after your PM.

As I mentioned, if you get the base plate for the Givi topcase it should not be any problem mounting it on top if the Shad sidemounts. But you may have to remove the grab bar.

As the Givi cases have snap-in attachment mounts it could be difficult to fabricate the baseplate yourself.

This might give you an idea regarding the mounting position

Love the color coded sidecases BTW, would like to get some of those myself.
                          Last edited by yngveny; 01-07-2011, 07:27 AM.
                          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

I got some more detailed pictures below. If you need more detailed pics, let me know. One thing you'll notice is the right mount is close to the exhaust (Yoshi Rs3). If you have a stocker, you should be okay, but I've noticed that many aftermarket exhausts I"ve looked at come just as close. This hasn't been a huge deal, although a small bit of the case touches the top portion of the exhaust but not by much.

Chris
                            Chris, I have changed the dog bones on my Kat, raising the rear end. That might help with the issue of the bags touching the top of the exhaust.

I have Scorpions mounted. Getting close to ordering some SHADs.
                            Karl Hyzer

2006 Suzuki Katana

sigpic

Comment

I like the SS look & if I need storage space I wear a backpack.

Comment

Working...
                              X