X

Seat swapping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat swapping

Hi all, new to the forum. I recently acquired a 94 600 Kat w/3900 miles and the seat is purple. I've got a line on a Corbin replacement seat from a 94 750 and those are full seats. Will this seat fit my 600? The guy selling it to me swares by it and I'd like to make sure. I know the frames are virtually the same but the lock mechanism isn't in the same location.

Anbody have experience with this?

Many thanks!

RocketMan62

Originally posted by RocketMan62 View Post
    Hi all, new to the forum. I recently acquired a 94 600 Kat w/3900 miles and the seat is purple. I've got a line on a Corbin replacement seat from a 94 750 and those are full seats. Will this seat fit my 600? The guy selling it to me swares by it and I'd like to make sure. I know the frames are virtually the same but the lock mechanism isn't in the same location.

Anbody have experience with this?

Many thanks!

RocketMan62
    No, the 750 seat is no where near the same for fit, length, or able to be used with out some major adjustments/modifications to be made.

See my sig for a link to by build thread, which has the process needed to swap from a 750 seat to use a 600 tail section (and seats).

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I don't like the seat either but i am going to get a solo seat cowl instead.

Comment

Working...
      X