No announcement yet.
X

Race style windscreen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was wondering where bubble ordered that windscreen, cause if you notice, the one of the left isnt a stock windscreen at all. it's double bubble. which is why i was wondering where he ordered his from, and what it looks like on the bike.
    2004 Katana
    GO OWLS!!!

Comment

id like to also know where he ordered the double buble
      Shinny side up!

Comment

THIS IS NOT FOR ANY WINDSCREEN FOR ANY KATANA, PERIOD!!!! I got the windscrenn and its not even close to fitting. It might be for a 2008 GSX650F if at all. Now I must deal with the whole sending it back. I'd still like to know where he got that double bubble.
        Shinny side up!

Comment

Check out my garage pics. If you like that search for a thread by Joe Dahero. He has instructions written up to show what you need to do to make a Ninja windscreen work. Got mine for about $40 from parts 411.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

Can you salvage it? Cut and drill to make it fit?
            Let's go riding!

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie6 View Post
              Can you salvage it? Cut and drill to make it fit?

well if they wont take it back then I will try and do just that.
              Shinny side up!

Comment

BE WARNED FOR ALL OF YOU THAT WANT TO BUY THIS SCREEN...THIS DOUBLE BUBBLE WILL SLOWLY START TO MELT THE GAUGE PANEL OF YOUR BIKE.

Follow the link below for pics of when i first installed the windscreen.

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
                From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
                Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

The screens are made by a company in the UK called Skidmarx. Here's an email that i recieved by their U.S. distributor:

"Hi your inquiry to skidmarx in the UK was forwarded to us as there importer in to the USA. We stock a good amount of they items and we ship in weekly from them. The parts you are looking for are available the screen for the Katana is $105 we can get clear smoke and a few colors shipping is $15 call me to order

Cheers David

Streetfighters By Design
                David Cork
                P. O. Box 1027
                TruckeeCA, 96160
                Phone 530-587-8521
                Fax 530-587-8521
                Email [email protected]
                Web www.streetfightersbydesign.com "

Comment

uh, so what about the whole melting part? Got any pics of that?
                  Let's go riding!

Comment

what do you mean it will melt? and why does it melt it?
                    Shinny side up!

Comment

I don't have a working digital camera. As soon as i get my hands on one, i'll take some pics and post. I know...

As far as the melting part goes, the double bubble on the windscreen somehow acts like a magnifying glass, focusing a beam of sunlight high on the gauge panel, causing it to melt. There was someone else on this website that had the same problem in Florida. If I were to order another windscreen, i would have gone with solid black (i ordered smoke) so that light couldn't pass through it.

Comment

Okay here is the deal, I have one of those double bubbles and I am willing to sell it if anybody is interested. I dont put it on my bike because it is a little higher then the stock one. I will post it up in the for sale part as soon as I can get a picture of it.
                        Shinny side up!

Comment

that windscreen looks like it would take away from your line of sight

Comment

Originally posted by sportbikemike View Post
                            Okay here is the deal, I have one of those double bubbles and I am willing to sell it if anybody is interested. I dont put it on my bike because it is a little higher then the stock one. I will post it up in the for sale part as soon as I can get a picture of it.

so did you sell the double bubble yet? if not, pm me, very interested

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
                            "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

Working...
                            X