X

My "new" 1998 Suzuki Katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "new" 1998 Suzuki Katana 750

I picked up this gem for $2,100.00 a few days ago from a guy in Iron Mountain, MI. I found it on Craigslist.org and while look for others for sale also found it listed in the for sale section on this website.
    He was an older gentleman and obviously took exceptional care of the bike. It has 13,280 miles on it.
    This bike has a throttle lock added to it & a super trick 12V power source (cigarette lighter style) hidden under the seat.
    It recently had the carburetors gone through with an unknown brand stage-I jet kit installed and they were sync'd up at the same time. The bike has NGK Iridium IX spark plugs installed and the valves & clutch cable were adjusted too.

Last edited by daniel_depetro; 05-15-2010, 05:47 AM.
    1998 Suzuki Katana 750, GSX750F, black, 13,2XX miles, stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, ...
    1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 rear axle, Butterscotch w/black stripe, black interior
    1974 Plymouth 'Gold' Duster, 225 slant six, automatic, hood scoop, rear spoiler, aluminum wheels ... performance looks set up for daily driving

Welcome to the KatRiders " Blakk is the Fastest club" Very NICE Kat you have there !
    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

I hope shes nice she was built by one of us lol

dan that was mine (dad sold it tho cuz he baught me an FJR1300 and that was his payment) it is a custom kit that was puttogether to get her to run right it should be comparable to a stage 2 kit but, she was really boggy when i baught her and the dealer ship here is really good and i didnt have time to do it myself so i let them set her up an thats what they got in her
      Last edited by 88' 600; 05-15-2010, 07:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Alright, fair enough.
        I guess I should have read this thread first as I just sent you a PM adsking about the jet kit.
        1998 Suzuki Katana 750, GSX750F, black, 13,2XX miles, stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, ...
        1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 rear axle, Butterscotch w/black stripe, black interior
        1974 Plymouth 'Gold' Duster, 225 slant six, automatic, hood scoop, rear spoiler, aluminum wheels ... performance looks set up for daily driving

Comment

also keep polish on that swingarm or she will start to get ugly, i wish i was able to be there when you picked her up i had a list of things for ya but as i remember ill let you know, i didnt find out it was going till that morning

Comment

Very Nice! Welcome to KR!
            Former Marine 3/97-3/01
            MOS 0161 Semper FI!
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Comment

so that's how a 98 should look! nice. mine didn't have such charmed life before. you should be proud.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

That's a nice looking Kat. I like how the wheel color off-sets the overall black color.
                  How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                  How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                  How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                  How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by 88' 600 View Post
                    also keep polish on that swingarm or she will start to get ugly,....
                    If you polish it, clean it well to remove any residue, then coat it with a clear enamel.... you won't have to spend all your time keeping it polished. If you end up with alot of scratches, you can easily chemically remove the enamel later, polish, and recoat to keep it looking nice.

Oh, and welcome to KR!

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Congrats!
                      I invite you to church.

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Nice bike. I wanted a '98+ but for some reason they were rare as hell near (~150mi radius) me for a reasonable price when I was looking for one..
                          '97 Civic EX - Secondary car
                          '97 GSX 750F (Katana) - sold
                          '04 Yamaha R1 - sold
                          '82 CM450 - Carb problems :'(
                          '05 SRT4 - Daily/AutoX monster

Comment

das a nice looking kat. i had a 2001 black 750 too.

Comment

welcome. this site is great

Comment

Working...
                              X