SS brake line recomendations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS brake line recomendations

Bike: 2003 GSXF600

My existing lines 4 year change up is in 6 months. I'm just going to change them out now while i've got the dough. Can anyone recommend a company for SS lines for a '03 600? I want something that is a direct bolt on and swap out. No cutting and crimping lines and fixtures.

Been peeping around on ebay, but a lot of it looks cheap.

Thanks.

Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
    swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
    Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I got Hel from www.mopowersports.com couldn't be happier, not cheap be well worth the expence.
      Richard
      96 Suzuki GSX750F
      89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
      05 Yamaha WR450F
      05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

yeah, I'll +1 HEL, IMO that's the only option.

Comment

+1 to HEL
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Mopowersports has an all-in-one SS Hel 'front, rear, AND clutch' kit for only $188US. That a great deal. Thats the one I'm getting.

Thanks.
            Last edited by thenastiestnate; 07-17-2011, 12:24 PM.

Comment

You dont have a hydro clutch, why are you buying a clutch line?
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                You dont have a hydro clutch, why are you buying a clutch line?
                I want to have it around in case I need to use it. I've been looking for a B12/1127 to swap in or possibly doing a hydro mod
                Honestly though. I'd probably use the first bigbore I found in my gix 750 before I put one in the kat. Just figured it'd be cheaper to buy them all at once, then buy pieces later.

Of course this is assuming the company would let me mix and match a bit.
                Last edited by thenastiestnate; 07-17-2011, 01:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Alright got a question about the set up... What is the difference for 2 and 3 line set up in the front of a post Kat?? Is 2 line.. right from the resivoir to the calipers? and 3 line goes to a splitter?? I think I'm gonna go with G&J Aircraft Brake Lines.. Do I just call them and tell them I want the 2 line with all the Banjo bolts and washers and thats all I need? And just one for the rear??
                  Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Yes, that's what you tell them, but also specify whether you have a 600 or 750cc bike. The front lines are different lengths 600 vs. 750 as the 750 has a higher handlebar setup.

A 2 line system goes right from the master cylinder separately to each caliper (via a dual hose banjo bolt on the master cylinder). A 3 line setup has one line from master to splitter, and then 2 lines from the splitter to each caliper (that's what the stock lines are).

Comment

If you go with the two line setup you can use the long banjo bolt from your splitter.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Alright.. Thanks... Any preference on front pads and rear pads? Just EBC for Rear and Stock Front?
                        Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

I got a Hel kit off ebay for $55 delivered from the UK to Australia. I have used the Hel lines many times and can vouch for their quality and fit. Mine was a 2 line front and 1 rear kit with all bolts and washers. Braking feel and strength is greatly improved. I believe its a 'must' upgrade on any bike with rubber lines over 4 years old

Comment

Anyone using Galfer? Any opinions?
                            My YouTube Videos
                            My motorcyle map!

Comment

Originally posted by Omnivore View Post
                              Anyone using Galfer? Any opinions?
                              Dont get Galfer, my first set rubbed a hole in a week and the replacement set wont stop leaking.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X