Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What packing should I use to repack a D&D can?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What packing should I use to repack a D&D can?

I'm tired of my quiet, overly large, and overly heavy stock exhaust. I have an old D&D canister that I want to repack, mostly because D&D sounds like schit....................horrible, horrible, wet fart schit. Anyway, I have heard that steel wool makes a good packing material. I thought maybe a combo of fresh glass and steel wool.? The glass that came out of it was burnt up, but honestly it wasn't that bad and therefore I don't want to pack it with the same old stuff (just fiberglass) again and get that same old D&D "sound" again. What can I use to pack it to make it sound deeper and not so raspy and schitty?
    Some people carry on
    Some just stay right where they are
    Our worlds divide

Pack it in dirt. Just dig a nice big hole, then lay the pipe in there, and fill in around it.

Comment

mmmm.... D&D..... no need to re-pack....the louder the better.

j/k... I'm curious too as to what it takes to repack a D&D...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
        Pack it in dirt. Just dig a nice big hole, then lay the pipe in there, and fill in around it.
        Well it's just a can now so I should be able to make it sound better..... I hope.
        Some people carry on
        Some just stay right where they are
        Our worlds divide

Comment

Originally posted by Rothman View Post
          Well it's just a can now so I should be able to make it sound better..... I hope.
          I was just kidding. I'm on the fence about D&D. I've heard a great sounding one, and I've heard one that made me want to ice pick my ear drums out.

If you don't mind experimenting, try different materials that are resistant to heat/flame. what about a fire blanket. aluminum foil crumpled into a rope and wound around the inner baffle. hmm, thinking, gotta be some other fire retardent material, that would have different sound deadening properties. think outside the box

Comment

steel wool, fiber glass.... wrap steel wool around the center baffel, then wrap fiber glass around the outside of that.

Comment

You can buy repacking material. Get the yosh repack kit. Make it sound like a yosh. You can repack it with just about any repack material and get a different sound.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

if you want it louder , just shorten it , it'll sound better and look better
                off the shelf parts do not make a custom bike

Comment

steel wool burns up a little & gives off fine sparks, fun to watch but not if you are directly behind it

ordinary 600w glassfibre mat is a better solution but the best thing is the proper glassfibre packing this will last longer & sound better, i get mine from a motorcross shop

the original jap yoshi exhausts used a different type of baffle tube to everyone else hence the different sound, one or two makers have now picked up on this & are using the same baffle tubing, maybe you can replace yours with some of this to deepen the sound

the only other way i can think of doing it is to lightly baffle the secondary pipe or fit a small restriction in the can itself such as a db killer
                  Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
                  X