X

How much is a 2006 Katana 600 worth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is a 2006 Katana 600 worth?

I am at the negotiating stage of getting the bike. They want $6400 + $300 for assembly. The bike is brand new with 0 miles on it. I was just wondering what I should offer them. I appreciate the help. Thanks

i saw one listed in a mag for $5699 i would go less than that.
    sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
    A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

IMO no more than 6,000 or U can shop around for a fairly used Kat way cheaper, here we have some fellow riders that are selling them so you can compare, my .02
      Watch for your Guardian Angel
      750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Jeeeez, that's highway robbery! Hey DaBeast, about a month ago I bought a 2006 sweet black Kat with 960 miles for $5700 (that includes tax title and license). When I was shopping for a bike, the only better deal I found on 2006 Kat was with 0 miles at $5200 on ebay, but would have involved travel to pick-up, etc.

My Kat currently has ~1300 miles on it, all stock except Yosh slip-on and tank bra. I am considering selling it already so that I may upgrade to a gixxr or ninja (btw, this Kat wasn't my first bike.) PM if interested.

Keep shopping and something good will come around

Comment

My 06 Kat, out the door, 6594.00
          Thats tax, tag, title and all that stuff..
          "Don't taze me bro"

Comment

Originally posted by Don't Panic, It's KAT!
            Jeeeez, that's highway robbery! Hey DaBeast, about a month ago I bought a 2006 sweet black Kat with 960 miles for $5700 (that includes tax title and license). When I was shopping for a bike, the only better deal I found on 2006 Kat was with 0 miles at $5200 on ebay, but would have involved travel to pick-up, etc.

My Kat currently has ~1300 miles on it, all stock except Yosh slip-on and tank bra. I am considering selling it already so that I may upgrade to a gixxr or ninja (btw, this Kat wasn't my first bike.) PM if interested.

Keep shopping and something good will come around
            Yes I remember seeing those Kats from a bike shop in Ohio if I remember right.

The only advice I would give you is to try to talk them down to less than 6,000 for everything. Why? Because they are trying to move the last of the Kats out fast! If they won't move, you might want to consider a used one and you will save thousands for virtually the same bike.

They have a brand new Kat 750 at the shop I go to if you are interested

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

I was offered a 06 750 kat for $6200 after assembly about a month ago!

Comment

If you have your own tools tell them you'll "assemble" the bike yourself and save 300 bucks!

IMO that's a little too much, try and talk them down some, maybe like 6k out the door.

Unless you absolutely have to have a brand new bike, shop around for a used one, you can always find a good deal that way.
                Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                18v Rigid Drill
                Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

List price for a left over soon to be 2 year old and discontinued model not from me.

If you have your own lender - call around to every Suzuki dealer in 100 or so miles. Tell them you are pre-approved and want their best "out the door price" on the model you want.

Comment

Re: How much is a 2006 Katana 600 worth?

Originally posted by dabeast135
                    I am at the negotiating stage of getting the bike. They want $6400 + $300 for assembly. The bike is brand new with 0 miles on it. I was just wondering what I should offer them. I appreciate the help. Thanks
                    So they want you to eat the 2 years of depreciation it's already encountered?

Go to nada.com or kbb.com and look up the value of that bike as a trade in.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Re: How much is a 2006 Katana 600 worth?

Originally posted by steves
                      So they want you to eat the 2 years of depreciation it's already encountered?

Go to nada.com or kbb.com and look up the value of that bike as a trade in.
                      +1

The instant that motorcycle rolls out the door, it depreciates to the same value as if you had purchased it in the fall of '05 instead of the spring of '07. On-floor depreciation is normally calculated at 8 to 12% per year. Thus, if the bike's MSRP was $6299 in '05, it should be worth NO MORE THAN $5670 at this instant, and prevailing market value in mint condition puts it at $5380. Add on your tax/tag/registration, the dealer should eat assembly, destination and other charges (hey, they've been unable to move the bike for a year -- that's the problem, not yours).
                      The only way I would even consider paying $6200 out the door is if they threw in the actual Suzuki-branded 4 year extended warrantee in the deal (which isn't a bad idea on a bike that is now out of production, esp. since it's transferable once to the next owner, ensuring direct seller-to-buyer resale value will remain about $800 - $1k higher than it otherwise would).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I ended up offering them $6000 for the bike already assembled. The guy said he would talk to his boss about it. So now im just waiting for the phone call to see what they say.

Why cant they just take my offer and let me ride already

Comment

I'd get a voucher for the 500 mile service too, that's an expense they won't tell you about.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by gytrdunkat
                            I'd get a voucher for the 500 mile service too, that's an expense they won't tell you about.
                            Great suggestion (although it's a 600 mile service). Normally rate for that service if done fully in complaince with Suzuki's guidelines is about $320.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I would check the N.A.D.A. book. Or you could offer them a taco salad for it.

winner takes the crown

Comment

Working...
                              X