X

carb o-rings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb o-rings

i brought my carbs down to nothing but bodies tonight and i found a oring on the bottom of where the diaphrams are- the bottom of the white parts in the carbs- i cant find these on any microefiche and i need new ones if they are even supposed to be there- sorry i dont know the names of some parts- thanks for the help- also could they be the #7 replacements from the hardware store that is on the carbs101

Ok.. Like would you care to share some info here? Ohh.. I dont know.. Maybe something like Make and model? Since you felt we didn't need any info in your garage. Only white part under the cap of my carbs is the white spacer on the needle jet. I have to assume your refering to the O-Ring thats at the bottom of part # 6 http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...oup/CARBURETORJust from consulting my crystal ball. or did you mean something different?

So before you get twisted over this responce, How about giving us more info to work with?
    Last edited by Newbie2it; 01-19-2009, 12:17 AM.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

1996 600 kat stock everything- the white piece im talking about is a large chunk of plastic and it goes from right under the diaphram down to the bottom of the carb bodies basically- they are removable and the needle jet goes into them i think and then the needle jet? goes down through the bottom of the carb body and into the float bowl area
      Last edited by cleankat96; 01-19-2009, 12:33 AM.

Comment

i think i figured it out i just read through carbs 101 3 times and i know where it is

Comment

Cool, Just be sure to update your garage info so the rest of us know what bike your riding on when you next need some help.
          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
            Cool, Just be sure to update your garage info so the rest of us know what bike your riding on when you next need some help.
            i did some of the info but im still figuring out how to do all of the stuff here and finding time for it is also a problem- thanks for the help

Comment

1996 Katana, cc's might be a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by cleankat96 View Post
                1996 600 kat stock everything- the white piece im talking about is a large chunk of plastic and it goes from right under the diaphram down to the bottom of the carb bodies basically- they are removable and the needle jet goes into them i think and then the needle jet? goes down through the bottom of the carb body and into the float bowl area

600 dude

Comment

Just to show my ignorance...the white plastic is either a spacer (which the needle goes through) or the spring seat (which sits between the needle and the spring); either way it should be re-usable. I am basing this off limitted experience with a 750F.

Comment

I know he said 600, but look at his garage, it just says "1996 Katana." Ok, now it says 600.

Comment

Working...
                    X