X

My bike will not start.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bike will not start.

Hey there, new to this forum and owning a bike in general. I got a bike the other day and it was running fine, the next day I try to start it and it won't turn on. Example, I put the key in, turn it, nothing happens, no lights -nothing. I thought it may be the battery so I went to check it out, ended up being dead so I bought a new battery and put it in the bike and same story nothing comes on. Is there anything I may be missing here? I really hope this bike doesn't become a money sink else I may be forced back into cars...

Also, my bike is an 89 -750cc Katana if that helps, I also don’t have an owners manual so if anyone knows where I might be able to find one I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any help-

-Regards, Nick.
    Last edited by Ziabatsu; 08-06-2008, 05:46 PM.

the main fuse in the starter relay, or a fuse in general

Comment

I downloaded 2 free service manuals from the internet. Just do a search and you'll find a few in pdf format to download. Sorry, don't have the links, but saved them to my hard drive and pull them up all the time. Not like having a hard copy, but they were free... Good Luck.

Comment

Looking into the starter relay fuse but having some trouble getting to it... I tried looking for a .pdf manual but the only thing I can seem to find I have to pay for, if anyone could direct me to a free one I would be grateful.

Or any personal instruction? I'm following the positive battery lead yet I don't see anything that resembles a fuse.
        Last edited by Ziabatsu; 08-06-2008, 06:37 PM.

Comment

with an 89 you don't have a fuse in the relay.
          A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
          mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

the 88-97 600 manual will have everything you need in it.

Comment

Working...
          X