No announcement yet.
X

New Project GSX 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so got me new caliper ordered... well i say new i decided just to get a used one of ebay, its in good condition and it was only 34 bucks (shipped)....

Also found a sweet pack of brake pads, there pretty decent compound brake pads and its for all 3 sets (about 50 bucks shipped).... got that ordered as well...

I will post pics when i get it all in and installed...
    THE EMAIL BANDIT
    F4 I stunted out
    Cbr900 (low and stretched)
    MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

So my parts list so far is:

-New rear caliper and brake pads
      -New front brake pads
      -Resurface all 3 rotors
      -New plastics (eventually)
      -New clutch and brake lever
      -Gas Cap and housing
      -Bunch of random bolts that are missing...
      _and prolly a ton more stuff
      I'm not seeing a 1127cc Katana 1100 engine on there . If you got it down that far, that mod would make sense.

BTW, Welcome my friend and best of luck with that project. There is a lot of good info on this site so you are in the right place.
      Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 03-13-2008, 06:40 PM.
      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

heck yeah, i would love to do that.... hahah, this sucker would be all kinds of fast then... LOL
        THE EMAIL BANDIT
        F4 I stunted out

Comment

Hell of a project. Hope buddy paid you to take it away. Good luck.

As a price check, go to bikebandit.com. The kits may be more than the eBay stuff, but hopefully the eBay stuff is in good shape.
          2004 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by chrisx2 View Post
            Hell of a project. Hope buddy paid you to take it away. Good luck.

As a price check, go to bikebandit.com. The kits may be more than the eBay stuff, but hopefully the eBay stuff is in good shape.

Word to the wise.. Always check Ron Ayers and Bike Bandit before buying off eBay. You might be shocked at how cheap a new OEM part is..

Comment

sorry no updates in a while... i have been on spring break in florida, i will be back tommorrow and my new calipers and pads should be in and i can start puttin it back together somewhat.... haha
              THE EMAIL BANDIT
              F4 I stunted out

Comment

Hey everyone... finally back from sping break and gotta a bunch done on the KAT.....

Here is goes....

EWWWW.... pretty nasty looking right....

Befor of the swing arm.... gross as well...

a little sanding and painting and painting and painting....

The front wheel all put back together...

its hard to tell but the bolts are polished to a mirror....

swing arm and rear suspension area... (looking up)

Back together and looking a million times better.... chains not on yet obviously....

Sadly bad together with the old caliper still... i just opened the pistons and drained all the fluid so its all together but not functional for now till i can get a new one... the one i ordered off ebay never showed up... i gotta refund but its just annoying...

then im in the midst of re-doing the exhaust header and piping, its very hidious... anybody know a way to get these dents out without cuttin and welding in new piping...?

Polished the canister as well.... left is polished obviously... right side is how it looked when i got it.... PRetty awsome how good its turning out...

I got discracted and made a chain motorcycle and thought i would share....

also shows how bad my chain was.... i got the girlfriend to spend about 2 hours with a tooth brush and some heavy duty cleaner and now it looks brand new just gotta chain lube the crap outta it, and use it till i can afford a brand new chain....

-Also drained the old oil... changed the oil filter... put in new oil....
                -I ordered my new clutch and brake levers and some new hand grips... still looking for a good used rear caliper....

also... got some new spark plugs and now i can put em in, i guess because they are a tad different then the old ones... i have to go get a diff socket to tighten them down.... ANNOYING....
                Last edited by FastJetta97; 03-28-2008, 01:17 AM.
                THE EMAIL BANDIT
                F4 I stunted out

Comment

Did you end up getting a new chain and sprockets?
                  2 bikes

'82 GS650G
                  '94 Katana 600

Comment

You're doing one hell of a job there... I can't believe that the rust is just disapearing that quickly little by little. Keep it going.
                    2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                    Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                    "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                    Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                    Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                    "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Originally posted by FastJetta97 View Post

I got discracted and made a chain motorcycle and thought i would share....

That would be an awesome idea for a "garage wall" sign. just tack the links together and mount to a big "winding" road sign, and you're all set. : I need a garage , and a welder

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                        That would be an awesome idea for a "garage wall" sign. just tack the links together and mount to a big "winding" road sign, and you're all set. : I need a garage , and a welder

If I move to newcastle Dan you can make one and hang it in my garage. Heck even If I don't move, you can make one for my current garage wall

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

yeah when i get a new chain i might do that with the old one... haha, that woudl be cool.....

here is the problem that has occured now......

I got it all back togheter put the new spark plugs in, got the front brakes almost bled still havin some problems with that.... but i put the tank on, filled it with some gas, and all of a sudden drips from all over.....

took it back off and at least 3 spots are leaking....

THE EMAIL BANDIT
                          F4 I stunted out

Comment

that looks like a pretty significant hole. are the others that big? I'd probably just look for another tank.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Did someone hammer a nail into it also... shees... This previous owner is a piece of work for sure...
                              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

if you remember this is the befor shot....

Then after about 30 min with a grinding disk i finally found some metal under all that bondo....

But that aside i ground down and tiged up the hole on the bottom.... turned out like this....

YES i know, its nto pretty at all... the tank was just to thin... even on the lowest heat settin it would burn through if i wasent carefull.... so just to make sure its happy i did this....

So now the tank is happy... minus all the rust inside... still needing to adress that....

The next project was the handlegrips and levers....

Befor

after...

i really like them, i know some people might not, but to each his own right.... there a little thicker which i like and the crome looks really good with the rest of the bike being polished and black...

Next up is finishing the gas tank (cleaning out the rust) and still need a new rear caliper and then i will prolly ride it for a while befor i start the next project...
                                Last edited by FastJetta97; 04-01-2008, 04:48 PM.
                                THE EMAIL BANDIT
                                F4 I stunted out

Comment

Working...
                                X