X

in need of a service manual 1989 gsx600f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in need of a service manual 1989 gsx600f

Hello friends i am starting a complete rebuild project on my 1989 gsx600f katana and the first step to begin my project is a service manual. I am looking for a SUZUKI service manual, not a haynes, clymer, or any of those informationless books. i know i can find these books on ebay or on a affiliate sight but i would rather give my money to someone who truely appriciates suzuki and will continue to keep suzuki strong and alive.
    i would be willing to purchase the printed version or the original. if you have a manual you would be interested in selling please send my account a message and not only comment on the thread. if you know any other info or have any tips or advise lay it on me, anything helps!
    Thanks friends
    If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, how can you find the time to do it over again??

I can tell you one thing for sure. The 88-89 600 carbs are Mikuni BST31SS, and I'm not a fan. The 90-97 600 carbs are BST33SS and are much better. I recommend you use the 90-97 carbs instead of the 1989 carbs.

Comment

I am not a carb guy, but would use the BST33SS just on Arsenic's recommendation, I have never seen him steer anyone wrong on carbs yet.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoKat View Post
        Hello friends i am starting a complete rebuild project on my 1989 gsx600f katana and the first step to begin my project is a service manual. I am looking for a SUZUKI service manual, not a haynes, clymer, or any of those informationless books. i know i can find these books on ebay or on a affiliate sight but i would rather give my money to someone who truely appriciates suzuki and will continue to keep suzuki strong and alive.
        i would be willing to purchase the printed version or the original. if you have a manual you would be interested in selling please send my account a message and not only comment on the thread. if you know any other info or have any tips or advise lay it on me, anything helps!
        Thanks friends

Hi
        I know you asked for genuine but try this for now, its a free download so should keep you happy until you find a Suzuki manual.

When I want your opinion I'll tell you it!!!!!

Comment

Cyclepedia.com do a online manual for a small subscription which is nice. Used that a few times myself for servicing

Sent from my anti iphone thingy using Board Express

Comment

thank you all for your help guys i really appreciate it alot. I will most certainty look into getting a new set of carbs thanks arsenic and fred! i looked at the website from jarvis and i cant believe how many of those manuals they have readily available. unfortunately the manual i need for a gsx600f is from 98-02.. any one know if there is any major difference in the 10 years of gsx? thanks guys
            If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, how can you find the time to do it over again??

Comment

I mean the Katana is basically the same from 88-06, but the little stuff is completely different between 88-97 & 98-06.

Comment

awesome i will check it out thanks alot for all arsenic and everyone else you guys help keep this project moving forward

Comment

Or the KR wiki which has a link to the Kat service manuals
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I'm outa here

Comment

Working...
                    X