X

raising the bike ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raising the bike ...

i raised my kat well at least the rear end. the ride feels better to me but i have one problem its a kick stand issue.. i didnt realize that raising the bike makes the bike lean farther over on the kick stand ...
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

Your going to either find an adjustable one or extend yours.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by Major Voltron View Post
      i raised my kat well at least the rear end. the ride feels better to me but i have one problem its a kick stand issue.. i didnt realize that raising the bike makes the bike lean farther over on the kick stand ...
      My Exup was like that when I brought it, just carry an extra thick sidestand(kickstand)block with you.
      When I want your opinion I'll tell you it!!!!!

Comment

I had the same issue after modifying the rear suspension so I cut the stand in two and welded in an extension. Not much to it, remember to measure twice just to make sure.

Comment

Yes, also realize that you have altered the bike's rake and it's going to turn differently now.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

i like my kat just the way it is ./ i wouldnt even think about doing a mod like that .
            im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Hmmmmm

You could always let most of the air out of the rear tyre, that should bring it down a little?!?!?
              When I want your opinion I'll tell you it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Voltron View Post

I've raised mine by 1.75" and use the stock stand. Don't have an issue really.

What's going on that makes you feel you need to address the kickstand?

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Well come to find out the lowering links are from a ZX-12R so the person I got tbis bike make them work some kind of way .. so now the bike is leaning so far over when parked I am afraid it might fall over .. I will post picks later ..
                  "Oh I will tag you back !!"

Comment

the kats tend to lean quite a bit as it is, it's probably not as bad as you think.
                    -Brandon

Comment

Pics of this raised rear?

Comment

My Kat toppled forward off the side stand once, so I attacked the stop block for the stand with an angle grinder so the stand moved further forward - solved the toppling forward problem but essentially made the stand shorter and the bike leaned more. I welded some "teeth" to the bottom of the stand which A) lifted the bike more vertical and B) gives the stand much better grip.

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                          My Kat toppled forward off the side stand once, so I attacked the stop block for the stand with an angle grinder so the stand moved further forward - solved the toppling forward problem but essentially made the stand shorter and the bike leaned more. I welded some "teeth" to the bottom of the stand which A) lifted the bike more vertical and B) gives the stand much better grip.

^^^^ 1+

Comment

Working...
                          X