X

brrrr was it cold this morning!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
    wow, you yanks are soft. 2 weeks ago when I went on my fishing trip, it was -20c with the windchill factor when I hooked my boat up to my truck at 3am. that's -4F. during the day fishing it averaged 15-18F. cold enough that the boat had to warm up a good 10-15 minutes before it would even shift into gear.
    You're also not constantly moving at 70mph...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      no, but you are out on open water with winds. this time of year the "feels like" temp is always 10-15 degrees below what it feels like on land.

plus you have to remove your gloves often, and you are dealing with spray and mist. last time we went, when we got back to shore our rods were like one big icicle, and your clothing is covered in a thin glaze of ice.

but hey...I digress. all I will say is that it is too fuckin cold to be out in a boat right now, so I put it away for the winter. now just need some snow so I can pull out the skidoo.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

brrrrr again, this was my coldest morning yet, Where I started out it was 26 degrees, still no auxillary heat, just what my 150lb self can produce and retain. I stopped midway at convenience store for 2 mins to pull my frozen fingers out of my gloves and under my belt... ahhhh warmth. Then gloved up and rode on. the first leg is averaging 60(f), the last is about 40 so I managed.

It will be next week when the remainder of my parts arrive for the homemade heated gloves. my fingers can hardly wait!!!
        yep, I think I'm finally responsible enough to ride a bike that I don't have to pedal ; )

Comment

warmth awaits : )

here's my solution to the brrrr, its coming on along!!!
          stitching1.jpg stitching.jpg

heatedgloves.jpg heatyedglove2.jpg
          yep, I think I'm finally responsible enough to ride a bike that I don't have to pedal ; )

Comment

sucess on the trial version!!! 37 degrees this am and my hands were so comfortable I can barely believe it!!! And not even running at 100% either! can't wait to try them out in colder temps! for real this is going to make such a difference in my commute : ) good luck to all others trying to stay warm, I hope your winter riding goes well!

if anyone's interested I'm going to head over to the gear section to share this cheap alternative to store bought heated gloves...

Comment

It's -8 here this morning.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

those are some fancy looking gloves. i wish i had them last year. but i did put under grip heaters on my kat so that definitely helped. this year i don't have that problem

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                id rather be bundled up, moving 70mph than out in the open freezing cold water, trying to unhook a cold slippery fish with my bare hands
                Last edited by boomer_95; 12-21-2012, 09:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
                  this year i don't have that problem
                  uh oh... I guess bike troubles???

Comment

Working...
                  X