No announcement yet.
X

kat down....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's also holding his claim is that he lives in NYC and we have been hit bad by Sandy...the adjusters are running mad right now with claims.
    -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
    sigpic

Comment

Now, but now on or around 10/19

Comment

I thought the same thing Riddler but got more info today... The delay is the cab drivers insurance company... They have an attorney & have not picked up or returned any of our attorneys calls... It's actually them who were waiting on... supposedly they have a small independant insurance company (whatever that means) & they are the ones who were waiting on to check the bike... Does this make sense to anyone?? or have ya heard this before...

Comment

All the accidents I've been in its always been my insurance company who does the damage appraisal.

Comment

Your company should take care of you then go back to the other company to recoup thier cost.

Comment

Glad to hear your cousin is alright and was not seriously hurt, thank God and good sense for riding gear. " Burn Rubber But Not Your Soul" Ride safe always.

Comment

If they have a lawyer then it sounds as if they are contesting fault. How solid is your case? Do you guys have any witnesses, and what does the cab driver's testimony on the police report say. I had an accident with my car this summer where a cement truck ran a red light and broadsided the back of my car. The driver was all apologetic but when I got a copy of the police report he testified that it was I that ran the light. Luckily a store on the corner had a security camera right on the intersection and clearly showed him running the light. They accepted 100% liability but without that footage who knows where the case might be now. If they are contesting liability be prepared for a long fight.
                Last edited by expvet; 12-07-2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

One other possibility is that it is a tactic to make you settle for less. Insurance companies will drag out the process in the hopes that all this time you spent thinking about the money, you will get so anxious to get paid, you wont want to delay the payment by rejecting their first offer.
                  Make sure that your cousin is 100% positive that there are no long term issues from it because they will also try to settle it out to not cover any further complications from the injury.
                  Good luck man.

Comment

My cuz told me like 2 weeks ago that his insurance company said they know he ran the red light... IDK what proof they have though... have been in contact with my cuz off & on & I haven't been able to get a copy of the accident report yet.. He's barely walking & im working & we live like 40 minutes away from each other so it's tough to hook up... He's healing and starting to limp around but he's not healing correctly the Dr. said.. he went early this week for a check up & doc said he's still swollen & shouldn't be so he's trying to get an appointment for MRI or something...

I believe the insurance company is taking their time on purpose to see if we accept an offer, but it won't happen.. I want my Gixxer & my cuz wants to get paid & needs money for a deposit on a house...

On the police report the cabbie states that "he timed the light correctly"
                    Now my cuz only has liability coverage would that make a difference... My cuz lawyer told him that NY doesn't have a No fault insurance policy on motorcycles.. Also that the cabbie insurance company is some of of "pool" company for the cab company... ??? IDK what the heck that crap is... lol..
                    Last edited by roe1880; 12-07-2012, 12:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

He's correct about nys no no fault for bikes

Comment

Your cousin should be trying to secure a lawyer. That is a good way to see how solid the case is, if they are willing to take the case it is because they see the settlement being in his favor, if they decline it then the case is seen probably weak. If you want a referal pm me and I can point you to a firm that represented me in a bike accident and did very well. They specialize in motorcycle accidents.

Comment

Expvet he already has a lawyer as stated... the cabbie lawyer is supposed to be handling the issue but is not returning any of my cousins lawyers calls...

Comment

Working...
                          X