X

Fresh paint! '02 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh paint! '02 750

Just a few pics of the new paint job. For those who are curious, I used satin black Krylon Fusion for a base coat since it bonds well to plastic and I was worried my main coat choice wouldn't. Rustoleum high temp as my main spray, because of more desired color, price ($3.xx per "25% more free" large can, wal-mart), durability, and exhaust. And topped it off with Miniwax clear satin Urethane. Over all, it turned out great for me, cost around $45 paint only and is definitely a solid paint job.

I decided to go with a black and red theme. Mostly because I didn't want to paint the tank without sandblasting, which I don't have, and more so because black and red go well together imo. Let me know what you all think! Thanks for looking.

Excuse the messy garage, its not my junk! Just my work space And yea yea... the battleax is garbage, please don't remind me, sticking a pilot power on her next week.

Looks good! I think a gloss black may look better only since the red is glossy. Sort of like a new vehicle with a primer door on it. JMO
    Looks good though!
    Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

Looks good.....Nice job>>

Comment

ive been looking to repaint my 05' but still a little weary about getting it right. if you get a chance could you possibly pm me a list of how you did it exactly. it doesnt have to be anything super long and detailed just something to kinda add to what ive already researched.

mine is starting to look rough. the previous owner had decided to paint it white (which the white doesnt look bad by any means) and now it seems like whatever he had used lightly comes of the plastics and coats the black engine parts. It all wipes off easily but it gets annoying. and then over the white the previous owner had his buddy whos a tatt artist draw all over it with sharpie...

granted the designs and how he did it looks really awesome until you are standing right next to it.

id like to do a grey and yellow, red and black, or black and green. probably gonna go all matte unless i can find tips on clear coating.

Comment

Think it would look awesome with swingarm, heal guards, Peg brackets, and rearset painted black to match. Then it would all blend in with the frame, give you an even more continuous look. Would be really cool if you changed the triple tree, brake/clutch levers and handlebar mounts over to match your bar-ends.
          All that silver is beggin for some paint!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops755 View Post
            Think it would look awesome with swingarm, heal guards, Peg brackets, and rearset painted black to match. Then it would all blend in with the frame, give you an even more continuous look. Would be really cool if you changed the triple tree, brake/clutch levers and handlebar mounts over to match your bar-ends.
            All that silver is beggin for some paint!
            Absolutely! I plan to invest into a small powder coat set up soon, I'll be sure to post updates.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Originally posted by rogue_statue View Post
            if you get a chance could you possibly pm me a list of how you did it exactly.
            Sure man, I'll write ya a little somethin by tomorrow. No problem!
            Last edited by Trip; 06-03-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

+1 davea7 and I agree on this, but then again I just don't like flat paint on vehicles. It does look nice though, picturing it with a gloss black. . . thinking it would look sweet! Great job!
              All the world's a stage,
              And all the men and women merely players;
              They have their exits and their entrances,
              And one man in his time plays many parts,
              His acts being seven ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip View Post
                And yea yea... the battleax is garbage, please don't remind me, sticking a pilot power on her next week.
                What's wrong with the battleax? I have friends with SS bikes swearing by those tires.
                Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                  What's wrong with the battleax? I have friends with SS bikes swearing by those tires.
                  Well #1, it was my FL tire, so its nice and flat down the center. Only curves I got to enjoy there were off ramps LOL. And second.. its just more firm and less sticky than my previous tire choices. When it was fresh it wasn't TOO bad, but I definitely didn't get low til it was nice and warm. I don't really enjoy the pirelli squish, but pilot powers have an AWESOME dual compound with sticky sides. Just an opinion really, so I do take back the "garbage" and choose "disliked" instead. I too have seen some SS bikes tear a track up with this tire, just not me!

@ all the gloss fans. Definitely got my imagination ticking again. Think I may get a gloss urethane and lay some coats on soon. Will update if I do. Thanks again for the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip View Post
                    ... [] ... I don't really enjoy the pirelli squish, but pilot powers have an AWESOME dual compound with sticky sides. Just an opinion really, so I do take back the "garbage" and choose "disliked" instead. I too have seen some SS bikes tear a track up with this tire, just not me!
                    No problems mate, I'm looking for a new set of tires and that's just the kind of personal opinion I'm looking for.
                    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Working...
                    X