No announcement yet.
X

Time capsule Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up my 03 XX, as advertised: almost stock (aftermarket chrome barend plugs, BMW grips), never been down, 137xx mi. Front tire needs replacement, rear tire may have a few rides left, chain kinda rusty, sprockets look decent.
    Me found good deal on XX again:

Comment

Beautiful bike!
      Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
      ~Author Unknown

Comment

Some timeless lines on the Blackbird, even though the bike is over 12 y-o, still looks like (or better than) some modern sport bike these days... and that sweet engine.

Comment

Last year, I picked up a 1977 Honda CT90 while working on a kitchen project at a friend's place. It had sat for many years, neglected and the motor was beyond my patience to rebuild.

Over the winter, I sourced a Chinese pit bike 140cc engine w/CDI, $40 pit bike exhaust/muffler, convert to 12v, 4-speed & clutch, mounted on the CT90, put a Honda vintage trials bike fuel tank on it.. extended swingarm, heavier rear shocks, custom cafe seat/subframe.. nice to have friends who runs a welding shop.

Last edited by "K"; 04-30-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Looks like my first bike.....
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Next to the original C90:

Comment

1100 Honda

Thats a great find! Beautiful bike.http://katriders.com/vb/images/smilies/coffee2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by thinedragon View Post
                  Thats a great find! Beautiful bike.

Honda Blackbird is one of those bike that I always keep an eye out for.
                  So refined, so well designed, well built machine.
                  If I see one in good condition with minimal mods and good price, it's always a good investment.
                  Honda really made some nice bikes back then.. nowadays... not so much.

Comment

Well Sold my Katana 750 today, $200 more than the price that I bought it for.. I put over 5k miles on it since I bough it.

Comment

I would have loved to have that bike!
                      '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

I'd rather have the car...either of the red ones..
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran
                        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by "K" View Post
                          Well Sold my Katana 750 today, $200 more than the price that I bought it for.. I put over 5k miles on it since I bough it.
                          Damn, well done! I imagine with your collection though that's not the first time you've manage that.
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                            I would have loved to have that bike!
                            It was not much of a looker, cosmetically.. but mechanically it as rock solid... just the way I like all of my bikes. Cosmetics is never a top priority.

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                            I'd rather have the car...either of the red ones..
                            Those cars are not mine.. just passing by a local garage that specialize in vintage and rare euro cars. Pretty sure that I will never see another Alfa Romeo like that one outside of a museum.

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                            Damn, well done! I imagine with your collection though that's not the first time you've manage that.
                            My hobby is to surf the web for cheap used bikes that's been ignored, as long as they are kept stock.. SV650, Katana, Bandits, all solid engines, easy to work on, and cheap to purchase used. I work on them in the winter time, ride them or turn them for profit.
                            Katana 750 has always been a solid performer for me, I really enjoy working and riding Katana.
                            Last edited by "K"; 09-03-2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

It's been nearly 10 years since my last VFR, picked up this past SUN:

2000 VFR800 118xx mi. on odo. new tires, needs chain/sprocket, brake/clutch fluid changed... maybe new brake pads, $2.5k cash.

Now sit among my other street going Hondas:

Comment

super nice vfr!

Comment

Working...
                                X