No announcement yet.
X

cyber you will know this....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you talking about setting the cams in the head without the chain or the rockers in place and see if they will spin freely? And then swap caps around until it does spin freely?

Just an idea.... but I think you are headed in the right direction. Don't try to bump start it and "wear" them into the new caps. BAD IDEA!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I THINK he put the cam holder dealies in the wrong spots . Are they marked ? They SHOULD be . Like "A" inside a cirlce , and "B" inside a square , and so on ....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yeah yeah... all the markings the ABCD are in correct... the trouble, is because some of them are from a different head....... what my plan to do is, remove the cams and put the caps on without the cams in place, then feel for the ones that are not in alinement..... then with an old set of cams i have, i am going to get the grinder and chop out each piece that clamps under the caps and ensure each one turns freely before putting the cams back in and this way if each piece turns free under the cap then when the cams go back in, if the engine is still stiff i will be safe in the knowledge it is not the cams... caps or anything at the top end as i have tripple quadruple checked and know that it is all free and correct ........... gawd im good!!
        i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

you guys are great i think you just saved me buyin a new replacement head.... what would i do wi'out yall? ::

Comment

Originally posted by bigbike-r
            .. what would i do wi'out yall? ::
            Sit in a corner drinking shandy and pissing yourself..

Just a guess

Comment

mended mended mended mended!!! yeeeeeeeeeeeah

well i went out this morn and ripped the cams out, grabbed an old cam and grinded one end off then one by one inserted my ground down bit of cam into each hole and just like that found each wrong cap....... exhaust cap need 1 changing and the intake only had 2 correct caps on it...... its amazing such little space can cause such big problems.... it now turns over freely as it should im just havin trouble gettin it to fire now!!

P.S...... i drink guiness

if it werent for you guys my bike wuld b sittin in a scrap yard by now... this is twice you guys have saved me a whole wad of cash and saved my bike from the crusher!!!! thanks guys

Comment

P.S...... i drink guiness
                Guinness shandys maybe!! Poor form a Guinness man would have all these issues! So if I make it to the UK next year, You'll treat me at your local?

Good trick with the sub of cam!! Thats using your head.. Or did the kids help with that idea?

Comment

just glad i keep these bits n bobs i know theyll be usefull one day .... proved my point

when ya comin over here.... more importantly .... why would ya wanna

Comment

Glad to hear you got it all worked out!!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

when ya comin over here.... more importantly .... why would ya wanna
                      Possibly in 2008 and for 2 reasons:
                      Work.
                      To buy a Gamma

Comment

work??? theres not many jobs here unless ya willing to work for sod all lol

Comment

work??? theres not many jobs here unless ya willing to work for sod all lol
                          Ahh not in your part of the UK..
                          Belfast... And I'll still be working for a US company.. So it will work out to sod all..

Comment

oh ok then

Comment

Working...
                            X