X
X

Body Parts (fairings) Differences between the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah every 750 from 88-97 (pre98) will intechange (bolt on) as will the 600 to 600. as stated above, everything is the same on the pre98's except the tail fairings.

Comment

i got an 89 kat how new can i go on plastics for it

Comment

Without modifications, it is up to a 97 Kat that will fit on yours.

With mods...you can make anything fit

Comment

thanks for all your help wht00kat

Comment

Not a problem, and make sure you keep me posted on what you wind up doing!

Comment

Are the frames different on the pre and post, or arethe mounting holes for the plastics in just different locations? Just wondering how hard it would really be to put say 1998 bodywork on a 1990 600.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
                Are the frames different on the pre and post, or arethe mounting holes for the plastics in just different locations? Just wondering how hard it would really be to put say 1998 bodywork on a 1990 600.
                Yes they are different. It's been done, but takes a lot of work.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

swap

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
                  not real sure why you would want to make a pre ugly with post bodywork

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

My plastics are pretty beat up, and the wife wants my katana after I get myself a bigger bike (she wants a Ninja 250 to learn on first though). She likes the look of my friends Busa, and I figured the post kats are a little closer looking to that so..
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerzr2 View Post
                      not real sure why you would want to make a pre ugly sweet looking with post bodywork
                      Fixed your post.

Sorry, just wanted to use the strikethrough tag.

Comment

94 katana fairings

Does anybody have any fairings for sale?

Comment

Can u put a pre 600 tail section on a pre 750. Is it a direct bolt on or does it take some work to make it fit. My friend has a 96 750 but hates how big his tail light is and likes how my 600 one looks. And if it is swapable can he still use his single seat or does he have to use the 600 two seat.
                          91 Toyota MR2 (weekend toy/race car)
                          92 Toyota Paseo(daily driver 38+MPG)
                          89 Suzuki Katana 600 with a 93 engine (new daily driver/weekend toy)
                          89 600 clutch and springs for sale, brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuno View Post
                            Can u put a pre 600 tail section on a pre 750. Is it a direct bolt on or does it take some work to make it fit. My friend has a 96 750 but hates how big his tail light is and likes how my 600 one looks. And if it is swapable can he still use his single seat or does he have to use the 600 two seat.
                            the 2 welded in cross brackets are different and at the minimal would need to be changed to do the swap. not hard, if you know someone who can weld and have a donor sub frame. Other than that, it's just swap all the parts.

And yes, to do the swap that way would require the use of the 600 seat.

Now, if you wanna go totally custom, you might be able to work out a way to use the 750 seat with creative use of brackets made from scratch.

the locking/latching systems are completely different between the 2 though.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nuno View Post
                              You'd have to cut the rear sub frame, and reweld. Blazerzr2 has done this.
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Nght_Driftr View Post
                                Does anybody have any fairings for sale?
                                Theres a full set of 98+ fairings on ebay atm

Comment

Working...
                                X