Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

A new Facebook Registry page for the original Katanas.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Facebook Registry page for the original Katanas.

I wanted to share this, a friend of mine made a Facebook Registry page for the early Katanas. We are trying to get an idea of how many are still out there and register them with VIN numbers. I don't know how many of you use FB, but feel free to take a look and see what you think.

Thanks.

This is a page to bring the original Target Design Suzuki Katana and Target influenced GSX750 pop-up Katana owners from around the world together. Page rules: 1) This page is ONLY for Suzuki...
    GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Thanks Joe....I'm in!
    79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Is this restricted to the USA or can the rest of us all over the world also register?
      MelWain

Comment

Originally posted by Mel Wainwright View Post
        Is this restricted to the USA or can the rest of us all over the world also register?
        Everyone in the world who owns a Kat is welcome!

Originally posted by sixdog View Post
        Thanks Joe....I'm in!
        Great, thanks for joining.

We are doing some screening, so it helps if you have something on your FB page that shows you own a Kat... picture, anything. Otherwise, let me know you asked to join and I'll make sure your added.

We need as many Kat owners as possible, really want to know how many are still out there, running or not.

Thanks.
        Last edited by Suzuki_dog; 07-13-2017, 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks Joe....I believe I am in......but I will post something just in case.
          79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Originally posted by sixdog View Post
            Thanks Joe....I believe I am in......but I will post something just in case.
            You're in Mario. When you get a chance, take some photos of the Kat, along with photos of the VIN# and make an album on the page. I will be doing mine, this weekend, when I get the Kat out to ride. One has been done, already for an example.

Thanks.

Comment

Just curious, have you investigated the possibility of security implications by posting VIN numbers, photos, and Linking them to individual people and their location? Sounds dangerous to me...
              My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
                Just curious, have you investigated the possibility of security implications by posting VIN numbers, photos, and Linking them to individual people and their location? Sounds dangerous to me...
                A valid point. We did discuss that and concluded that VIN information, as well as owner information can be found in public records in the States, not sure about worldwide. Ebay vehicles for sale post VIN#'s, also, and probably many more eyes see those VIN #'s than will see on this page.

If someone is motivated, and intelligent enough, they may find a way to exploit the information.

But, the bottom line is, it is optional to post on the page, and if someone is uncomfortable posting VIN information, then by all means do not post it.

Thanks for the observation, in today's world it helps to look at all perspectives.

Comment

Wow, I joined because I read all "Everyone in the world who owns a Kat is welcome!"

Posted my bike and a admin pulled it down.

Apparently it's ONLY FIRST GEN KATANAS

All Katana's are not welcome.
                  Last edited by Tekgnome; 07-14-2017, 04:32 PM.
                  Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
                  The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

Originally posted by Tekgnome View Post
                    Wow, I joined because I read all "Everyone in the world who owns a Kat is welcome!"

Posted my bike and a admin pulled it down.

Apparently it's ONLY FIRST GEN KATANAS

All Katana's are not welcome.
                    Sorry about that. It is set-up for the first generation Target Design Katana as per the page description. Sorry for any confusion.

BTW, your bike looks good, just doesn't fit the criteria.

Comment

Working...
                    X