X

Project Bike Coming Together!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Bike Coming Together!

I bought the bike about 6 months ago from a guy that knew nothing about motorcycles. It's a 2002 Kat 750. When I got it , it had fairing damage , wasnt running quite right and things were broken everywhere. It was abused so I bought her for $2000. So far I've fixed and repainted (half assed) the fairings, repacked the D&D, ground out the header slag, put in the Factory +5 Degree advancer, put in the Ivan's jet kit, put in a new clutch and speedo pickup and other little stuff. Here she is now! Let me know what yall think and give me some ideas on what to do next!

I wouldn't have expected it but that flat black looks really good! It sounds like you're not planning on keeping it that way though

Comment

It's perfect..
      Don't change a thing!
      to you for saving a Kat..

Even if it is a 98+

Comment

not a fan of flat black.....always looks like an unfinished job to me.

but good on ya for rescuing a kat!

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Thanks guys. Yea i'm still undecided on the flat black myself. I just did it because it was cheap. I do kind of like the stealthy look though !
          This has actually been a really fun bike to rescue and i'm hoping to have it for a long time. If/when I get another bike this one isn't going anywhere. I'm kinda attached now. Heres some when I first got her. The ghetto flames are where the previous owner tried to cover up road rash. And I couldnt stand that color.

Comment

Ha. Looks almost Identical to my old bike!!!

Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter

Even if it is a 98+
              I know , right !
              Can't say I approve of the D&D . The heel gaurds and swingarm look wrong . I'd paint them , too . But the flat black is nice . Never thought I'd say that about a 98+ .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                Originally posted by Black_peter
                Even if it is a 98+
                I know , right !
                Can't say I approve of the D&D . The heel gaurds and swingarm look wrong . I'd paint them , too . But the flat black is nice . Never thought I'd say that about a 98+ .
                Good point. Go all black!!

Comment

Working...
                X