X

Cortech Jacket?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cortech Jacket?

Does anyone have any experience with Cortech products? I am looking into getting the Cortech GX Sport Textile Jacket.

While I would like to reduce the effect of hot weather while being protected, mesh jackets make me nervous. I have heard too many times about the mesh just melting. Any suggestions on a good summer jacket?

A buddy of mine spoke with customer service at JR who said do not buy Pheonix 4.0. However, the Pheonix 5.0 is coming out soon and is supposed to be a great jacket. I am not sure when it is coming out and would like to get something ASAP. I'm sporting leather right now and its getting hot!

That's the jacket I have, in blue. But I've never rode before so this is the only jacket I've ever had so I really can't compare it to anything else. I went to the Suzuki dealer here and tried on a bunch of different ones and this is the one that fit me the best and had alot of breathable vents. 2 along the biceps, 2 across the top of the chest, 2 down the belly in the front. In the back, 2 under the shoulder blades (pretty much straight across from the ones in the front) and 2 down the back (pretty much straight across the ones on the belly). Anything over 2mph, and I can feel the wind blow through the jacket and it does feel nice. It gets pretty toasty whenever I'm standing still for a while. Stop and go traffic is no biggie, by the time I start to cook, the light goes green. There's also 2 handwarming pockets and then 1 zippered pocket on the left sleeve above the wrist. It has a big pocket on the inside and a removable liner. The removable liner also has that big pocket and also a cellphone pocket.

The weather here in TX has already hit 100 a couple times and most of the time that I ride is whenever I commute to work at 5pm and 11pm so I get to ride in hot and cool weather. Usually whenever I head ti work its between 91-98 almost all month (since I started riding). And the low gets in the 70's. I'll actually say whenever I first got the jacket and I was heading home, there was one time that I think the low dropped into the high 60's and I was cold riding. But then again I was going about 60mph.

I would offer pictures but theres plenty on NewEnough.

Any other questions that I didn't cover let me know!

Comment

i have there tail bag and can say it was very well made

Comment

I have this Cortech Advance Sport textile. really like it, very comforable,removable liner.
        Attached Files
        Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll pick one up!

Comment

I bought the regular Cortech GX Sport jacket in black. I was so impressed with its quality and affordability that I've bought the Gauntlet gloves, another jacket in red, and the Cortech saddle bagsand tail bag that attaches to them. I think their products are just great. I buy them at a heavy discount from www.motodepot.com. Just enter MotoDepot in the discount code field at the shopping card, press the Apply Discount button, and watch the price change from reasonable to cheap! They seem to hold orders until Monday mornings when they fulfill them (from what I've experienced), but if you can wait, you'll have it by Friday.
            MikeG
            Central Oregon
            2006 Suzuki GSX600F
            (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Comment

Nice discount! Thanks.

I noticed on a sizing chart (I think at motorcycle-superstore) the sleeve length on a large is 27"? The sizing seemed funny to me. I'm a 33-34 in dress shirts.

I am assuming the sleeve length is relative to the jacket size, but can you verify?

Thanks.

Comment

I wear a sleeve of 36-37 and the XL (at only 27.5") fit me fine. Sleeve length is supposed to be measured from the center of the back to the cuff, but I bet the 27" measurement is from tip of shoulder to cuff. You might see how that measurement works. They are perfectly standard though in my experience. Did you see the sizing on www.tourmaster.com?
                MikeG
                Central Oregon
                2006 Suzuki GSX600F
                (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Comment

How is the shoulder, back, and elbow protection? Hard or soft armour?

Comment

The shoulder and elbow is hard and the back is soft armor

Comment

I have a set of Carbon Comp 2's in yellow that have been my favorite I've ever worn. (dirt or street). And at $35...they were a STEAL!

After a FULL season...they're holding up well, very good quality!

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
                      '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
                      '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
                      '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
                      '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

Working...
                      X